When to give up on your dreams? Never. That doesn't mean keep your dreams as they are. If it's the financial aspects that worry you, consider a change of career, but keep in with the music career. Maybe, keep in with the band, but what about management? Scouting? Songwriting?
I gave up on my dreams of becoming a writer when I was 14. They were impractical, apparently. It wasn't until I was 24, and a newly single mum that I thought "if I can get out of one of the shittiest relationships ever, love a child that came out of a situation I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, and give up everything else I cared for, then nothing is truly impossible." So, you see, I trotted off to college, and became a mature student. I got through that course with PTSD, Social Anxiety, and a lot of people suggesting I'm bi-polar. I'm now at uni, studying a degree, whilst juggling looking after a toddler on my own. The only time I'm away from him is while he's at the childminders. So, if a single mum, who, on some days, couldn't leave the house for days on end, can get onto the course of her dreams, at her first choice university, then there's no reason you can't keep in line with your dreams. Sometimes our dreams need to be compromised, albeit slightly, but we can still keep on the same course...
|