View Single Post
Old 30-07-2010, 12:54 PM   #3925
moke
 
moke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Surrey, UK
I am currently:

Stella - thank you for the clarification. Have you ever tried to get a diagnosis? Or just happy to let it lie and deal with it without labelling it?

Hiding - I definitely agree on the whole books and textbooks thing. I have a psych degree and tons of books on the subject (mental health in general, not just DID).. and I still have basically no in-depth idea of any disorder which hasn't had a direct impact on my life.. so yes, definitely take your point on speaking to people directly about it! A book can only convey so much (usually hard facts - which is a bit of a contradiction when discussing grey areas such as this) so I've found this discussion really useful, and think I've learnt a lot.

A lot's happened in my life lately which has made me feel the need to sit back and think, and try to not be judgemental at all (in general, not just on this topic).. and I figure the best way to go about is to just ask!





Love you Chiefy x

moke is offline   Reply With Quote