View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 05:12 PM   #175
Heidi Tiger
Loon NOS
 
Heidi Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nottingham
I am currently:

Personally I really don't think RYL is the right kind of environment for child "alters". The very nature of the site means it contains some kind of conversations completely not suitable for children. Also, could the alters be relied on to stick to their rooms? Because I know most young children wouldn't. There have also been instances on RYL where people have faked alters, either to bully people or wind them up or as an excuse for bad behaviour in that chat rooms. Now I must stress that I know some people genuinely do have alters, so I certainly am not saying that DID doesn't exist, however I feel that a chatroom for that purpose would unfortunately encourage some people to act up and pretend and that would be an absolute nightmare to mod, it also really isn't fair on those of you that do have DID when people are basically parodying your illness and it isn't fair on the members who try their hardest to stick to the rules without coming up with a story to try and circumvent them.





Reality leaves a lot to the imagination


Heidi Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote