I used to work in my local tesco express store. It was crap but convenient as the shop is literally one minute from my house. God i have so many stories of awful customers
1 - "I just bought this ice cream 10 minutes ago and i want another one because it looks like its been half eaten and its all melted"
WTF. Ice creams melt in the time they are out of the freezer when a
it is being stocked. 5 - 10 minutes in a 25 degree heat does melt ice cream. I refused but the manager (who was a wanker) came over and told him to take another one. Mad. The only reason the ice cream looked half eaten was because he had just eaten half of it.
2 - Drunk woman. She piles her shopping in the basket and i start to ring it through, Then wheres X item? I direct her. She couldnt find half of what she wanted so asks me, goes off to get it, brings it back, asks for the next item. And while she is going that the queue is getting long and inpatient as we are short staffed and there is only 1 other till open (there were only 4 tills anyway). Then she would always ask a young person to carry her shopping home for her. I always asked said young person if they knew her, when they said they didnt, i advised them to go. I met that lady in the loony bin so didnt want 13 year old carrying shopping to her home.
3 - You refused to servce my son alcohol. He came in, i asked for ID (he looked under 21 so i have to). he didnt have any, i call the manager who also want to see ID. Manager tells me not to serve him. I dont, he leaves. Later in the day he comes back in with his mum. She started swearing at me. "How ****ing old does he look? How old are you, does he look younger than you?" i say that my age is irrelavent, that my manager also wanted to see ID. She carrys on swearing at me while i scan the rest of her shopping, buy the alcohol for him (i couldnt stop that) and it really bitchy to me when she sees me after that.
Then there was the woman who stank off piss and sweat and other foul things and whose credit/ debit cards NEVER worked.
Thank god i dont work there anymore. I cant work at all at the moment. I also had strops from moody teenagers because i wont give them any fags. I dont want to get fined.
|