Ok I think this all depends on age, area, your intention, etc..
Most areas usually admit individuals under a certain age, if they are uncertain of their risk level, and would like to have a professional from CAMHS rather than Adult Services. CAMHS work slightly differently from Adult Services, that ge's all...
My experiences, when I was under CAMHS services, I was admitted when I OD'd and didn't need treatment, as well as with. Although, wasn't admitted when I self-injured badly, but have heard of a few friends that have been admitted when they have self-injured badly, because they were a risk to themselves.
When I was under Adult services, depending on what I had taken (waht seemed dangerous or not), I would be admitted with treatment, or just for observation. If my bloods were fine, and didn't need treatment would usually talk to someone then leave. Only really get admitted to general hospital for SH, if you need an operation or such.
I hope that's helpful.
Last edited by FragileWings : 01-05-2010 at 09:07 PM.
|