View Single Post
Old 28-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #6
Miss Grace
A Work in Progress
 
Miss Grace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
I am currently:

I know I need to talk to her...but she's just gonna be her same "non-feeling" self. I swear, she just doesn't let herself feel or empathize with any emotions at all. Maybe she's scared of opening the floodgates for fear of what kind of emotions she has bottled up will all come spilling up. I think her crack at "humor", however belittling, is her only way to cope. It sucks.



Mental illness is no different than any other disease. Just as the diabetic did not ask for diabetes, or the leukemic did not ask for cancer; we did not ask for this disease. But we must fight it just as we would fight any other medical diagnosis and accept that it is not our fault that we fell ill. We, too, can survive.



Miss Grace is offline   Reply With Quote