I think this is a lot easier here in Norway. We get what's called "student-loan", which is a small amount of money each month (if we decide to not live at home when we study), that covers the rent of student-flats and such. It's absolutely no luxury, but it makes us able to focus on the studies 100% and not have a job at the side. (Most people do have a job too though, but I don't. I don't need money, I just need a roof over my head).
So when I chose my university I chose what subject I wanted, and picked out the best one.
(The money has to be payed back, though. If we complete all exams 40% of it is made into a scholarship and we get to keep it. The rest have to be payed back when we get a job. It's really a great thing.)
|