First I was put on zopiclone.
Of course that was only a sort of temporary mend thing. Really. Considering.
I went to the GP again when my therapist and I agreed I needed medication support as well.
He, guy I'd never met before, I was totally freaked out in there, gave me efexor. Without even telling me what it was. I had to ask!
It helped for about a week with the anxiety, then I was back to square one. The depression continued on a steady but just about tolerable level for a while. Doubling the dose had little effect.
It's not really the best med for someone with agitated anxiety and insomnia, never mind the anorexic tendency. For a whole year I had no appetite, felt nauseous, and my weight got very very low.
Then, nearly a year in, I had a bit of a breakdown, and was refered to the psychiatrist for a medication assessment.
He put me on mirtazapine. I was on that and efexor for about 6 months, the last few coming off efexor.
It still didn't/doesn't do the whole job with anxiety. So I have propranolol to take prn. That's ok except taking it too late in the day gives me insomnia..... I'm going to ask my GP if there's something more sedating I can use for that.
I'm 2 years nearly on mirtazapine, and I'm much more stable, I sleep, and I 'bounce back' from falls into depression abyss faster. I'm still depressed, but I expect I'll always have a tendency to depression, given my past.
|