View Single Post
Old 17-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #17
Psychedelic Doodle Pop
 

Firstly hugs to everyone.

When I first started having dreams and flashbacks of what I still don't know if was real or not, but basically of being abused as a child, my depersonalisation when from episodes of being disassociated to having two alters. It was really scary when I came out of it, because my parents would often be worried and angry because I would have been using a different voice, different mannerisms, all sorts of odd things. Thankfully I very rarely go into disassociative identities anymore. I have not been officially diagnosed with ptsd by a doctor, but I have by a psychologist. My depersonalisation was always the worst in school, where I would routinely fall asleep or just lose hours of time due to my depersonalisation, because my traumas mainly happened in school, so I have school phobia which has caused me to be out of mainstream schooling for a few years (although I'm hoping to go to a mainstream school 75% of the time from September).

Sorry that was a big self important monologue from me. I don't find medication helps my depersonalisation at all, like Typsee I find therapy a lot better. Sometimes grounding techniques help me. My Mum has a book 'seeking safety' with things to do if you're disassociated or having a flashbacks. Sometimes it's a relief, to be depersonalised I mean, sometimes it's scary and I feel like I'm not real, or I'm made of cardboard or something.

Thanks for a great thread Katie.

  Reply With Quote