Fi, in every Starbucks I've been to,
ever, an Tall Americano is £1.70. That to me, isn't expensive - especially compared to other places around here, and I'd quite happily pay that.
I'm not saying you're wrong for liking Starbucks. I'm saying Starbucks serve up crap coffee, which isn't worth the money you're spending on it. But if you like it, fine. I can't help but think people would change their mind if they had a cup of really good coffee to compare. But whatever.
Well, it kinda does sound like you are. Even in the following sentences, it sounds like you are.
And I've had decent coffee, and I've had crap coffee. Starbucks is fairly in-the-middle for me.
And, I like coffee. I'm not a coffee connoisseur, but to be quite honest, I don't want to be. I like Starbucks coffee, it's convenient, and I like their range of drinks as well (which is what they sell more on, rather than the actual coffee). I don't feel guilty or pretentious for walking into Starbucks, because I
like their coffee. I've had better coffee, and I've had worse - it's fairly middle-of-the-road, and fairly-middle-of-the-road-priced.
This makes me happy.
*shrug*