View Single Post
Old 21-03-2009, 06:52 AM   #172
Kahlia1981
Call me Kahlia please
 
Kahlia1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Australia
I am currently:

Voting is all done. Yay. I did an "absent" vote because I'm way too lazy to drive all the way out to my old address (some half hour away) to vote where I am supposed to. I now have the paperwork to change my address, so I guess that I'd better do so. Blech. The longest part of the voting was waiting for them to give me the damn paper so that I could vote ... then it was done in seconds. If voting wasn't compulsory in Australia ...

Anyway I'm only minutes away from reaching 208 days SI free now. It feels good. Kind of weird, but good. Monday will be party day from that point of view. Mind you, Monday is also when I get my first depot injection. Then I have to start booking weekly appointments at my doctors to get more injections. The poor pharmacy is going to have to continuously stock that particular depot injection so that I can have easy access to it, but thankfully will have a week's notice at least if there is going to be a dosage increase or anything like that. I really hope it works.

The mood stabiliser issue is still a concern. I'm not quite certain how it will work out. I need to discuss it with my doctor. Realistically of the commonly used ones (lithium, tegretol and valpro/epilim) the only one that is re-tryable is the epilim. I did hear that there was a newer drug that had been FDA approved for use with Bipolar that worked better on the depressive side of the disorder, so I might talk to her about that one ... it does have to be increased severely slowly however to reach a therapeutic dose as otherwise there is a rash (Stevens-Johnson Syndrome or something) which can be fatal. But, one thing at a time.

At the moment, life is okay. I feel like I am on top of the world today, even though I have a massive blister on one of my toes from walking down to the polling booth. But ... somehow .... I don't know.

Peace to anyone who reads this.



She shouts, she screams, she smashes your dreams . . .
Would you mind if I killed you? Would you mind if I tried to?
'Cause you have turned into my worst enemy,
You carry hate that I don't feel: It's over now
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

* Proud Plumeria Sister * My Support Thread * I got lei'd in vets *
* My RYL Family: big brother Doikers; little sisters MammaMia & flutterby butterfly *


Kahlia1981 is offline   Reply With Quote