I've already changed counsellors once, and it is coming up to essay deadlines, if I get another reassessment at this point it may screw up getting mitigations, I don't like using the mitigation process, but last term I had to apply for extensions, because, basically, I had a break down which led to me not doing any work until I only had a week left. I'm aware that I might need to do this again.
Supposedly, it is an anxiety thing, but I am very wary off seeking help, and even when I do I understate what is going on, this means that on the tick box forms I never give any indication of SI or suicidal thoughts etc. because I don't want to talk about them. On my first counselling appointment before I went for reassessment I ticked something and got asked about it, I ended up speaking about self harm and it made me feel really uncomfortable. I changed counsellor because the previous one made me uncomfortable by using my birth name (techniquely I have three different names) and I couldn't pronounce her name properly which made me feel intimidated every time I tried to book an appointment. The thing with my names is that I have one on my birth certificate (I never use this) one which I have been called most of my life, and one which I chose myself (I'm transgender) I did not disclose my trans issues to my first counsellor.
I did disclose these issues when getting a reassessment and I had a bit of a connection with the guy who was doing the reassessment, I left the appointment smiling to myself, because it had been useful, but when I booked up a new appointement I was assigned to the woman I'm seeing currently, which, whilst nice, doesn't seem to be helpful. She just skirts around calling me by name at all, which is mildly amusing, but considering how much effort it took me to write that I was trans on my form, the whole thing seems like an anti climax.
|