I did DBT in london funded by my trust on section 3 in a locked impatient unit. I was there 10 months but didn't complete the treatment, I'd heard of patients staying for up to 2 years. (Or in otherwords until your trust withdrew funding, as it was private). Sometimes I refuse to believe it helped, but in small ways it did, as in learning to cope/distract with emotions. It didn't help with my personal experiances/symptons in 1 to 1 therapy, which ovbiously meant my reasons for self-harm were still presant. However this was because I did not wish to compley, and left early after wininng a mental review tribunal. I think I didn't work because I was forced and it will never work if you force someone into theapry, it has to be thier decision. If you really want it to work, and put the time and work in, I think it could really help and the benifits would defentality be worth the assessment and would help them in finding ways to help you.
I wish you the best
Frankiexxx
|