Please don't be hard on yourself - it is just a number...
I always thought that by 25 I'd have the career, serious relationship heading towards family, nice house etc, instead I dropped out of Uni and got dumped by my boyfriend, and I'd given up my flat to go to Uni - so on my 25th I was sleeping on a friend's sofa, unemployed, no degree or career, single... but it got a lot better! It's not perfect, but since turning 30 I've found a job I love and am doing a post-grad degree (still single though...!)
So don't give up - try to see what you have acheived, and how much you've learnt. And I've also learnt that those who did get the 'perfect' life are just as likely to be bored, resentful and envious of your freedom. One of my friends is a full-time Mum, and I wouldn't want to swap, lovely as the kids, husband and house are...
|