this is something I have often wondered too... I'm currently studying for a physiology degree, hoping to do medicine after and eventually (in stupid number of years) become a surgeon...
I think you have to be able to manage your symptoms and be able to prove this... I think you have to see an occupation health person every now and again... but as far as I have found from looking into it there should be no real issue.
I've done a LOT of research into this as it was the main reason I was avoiding getting an official diagnosis. But from what I have found as long as you can prove that your "mentality" doesn't negatively impact upon your performance there is no real issue.
don't try to hide it though... they will find out and the fact you tried to hide it will make it look to them as if you don't believe yourself that you can cope with it.
|