View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 01:10 AM   #32
Dreamer And Believer
 
Dreamer And Believer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: UK

I think it is definitely an issue of context. Occasionally, I will mention tools in my r/v thread but I either hide them w/ a trigger warning or at least white out the text. And they're fairly common tools anyways.

On the other hand, someone saying, "Oh, I harm with xxx" can be either tipsharing or blatantly obvious, depending what it is. I say this because if it is a common SI-ing tool or something with an obvious blade I don't see it as somethig a person couldn't have deduced him/herself. On the other hand I once had someone tell me in conversation that they used something to cut that I'd never even be able to imagine how it would work, and though I didn't go try it, I was curious, and situations like that can lead to unsafe discovery of new "methods" for some people.

I have to say, I don't really see how, if there were a ban placed on tool naming, it would make it harder for people to get support.
The following content has been hidden - Reason : just examples, poss triggering
They can still say "I feel really unsafe and want to do serious damage to myself", or even "I want to slice xxx open" without saying with what, and they will get just as much support as they would by saying, "I really want to slice xxx open with this really sharp xxx"


so I guess, I think it seems like things are okay as of now. I rarely even see tool mentions that are common SI tools, and until reading this thread didn't know they were even allowed anywhere but R&V. So I guess if there are issues, they are uncommon enough to be handled on a case-by-case basis...unless mods have been noticing too many of these issues?

Dreamer And Believer is offline   Reply With Quote