I don't think it's betrayal to tell at all. So long as it's not gossiping...but that's a whole different story.
I have never told on anyone, but then again I have never had to tell on anyone. I have been told on and people have told me about other people (for the empathy and advice I assume)
At school my Psychology teacher spotted a cut and spoke to one of my clostest friends. Then she spoke to me and spoke to the head of 6th form and the Deputy Head. No one made a fuss or told my parents or anything like that which in hindsight I really appreciate. I think they just kept an eye on me and generally were there to support me as and when I needed it.
I genuinely feel bad for people that know about someone who SH because it's a pretty hefty issue to deal with alone and a lot of non-sufferers dont know enough about it to make the 'right' decision. At the end of the day, most are only trying to help by telling someone and really it is the right decision in the long run
|