My boyfriend tried doing the same for me. What we did, was he promised to give something up with me so I wouldn't be so lonely. So we'd be working together. And we did a a point chart, like for every day we didn't we'd get two points and for every day we did the thing we werent suppose to (for me cutting) we'd lose a point. Who ever made it to ten points first won. If I won, he would make me something, like a card or write me a song. Once I even decorated a shoe box with paper and magazine cut outs for him.
We both love giving each other things, so like if I lost, it wasnt exactly like I had because I still was able to make him something. It was lots of fun and really helped me. And since to point is to make everything, it wasn't expensive.
So myabe you could try to do something like that. Just make sure you enjoy both parts so that you don't get upset and feel bad because you couldn't do it.
****Plus, we would both make a prize before the time was up, so when I was really upset and wanted to cut I would just focus on making whatever I was making. This even turned out to be a good distaction. :))
Hopefully doing something like this may help you too. :))
|