Erm, 'proper' sex and orgasms aren't necessarily related. Also I have heard that many women will not have orgasms in heterosexual intercourse without additional assistance... like direct stimulation of the clitoris. I would suggest that you experiment with solo sex, trying to figure out what you like and what gives you pleasure. Then if you like you can help tell a partner what will work for you.
But-- please don't feel too embarrassed! I think you are so not alone in this. Because women's genitals are mostly interior, as opposed to men's, they are often perceived/treated as this big mystery-- girls are routinely not even taught about their own basic anatomy, and girls/women are culturally or whatever much less likely to masturbate, and so many women grow up with their own sexuality as a mystery to them. Also there has been so much misinformation about women's sexualities spread by men (like the lovely Freud). I have known of women who have been married for a long time who've never had an orgasm. So really, it's great that you're aware of this and you're not 50!
Good luck.
*Also-- I should note that orgasms are not the be-all and end-all of sex. An orgasm can be nice but doesn't have to be the main goal of a sexual interlude, so while I would recommend exploration, try not to get too hung up on whether or not you climax. Great sex does not always have to mean an orgasm, and some women (and men) aren't particularly orgasmic.
Last edited by popcorn : 16-10-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Reason: forgot something
|