View Single Post
Old 23-08-2008, 08:37 PM   #9
tibette
 
tibette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Scotland
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Distraction View Post
You're not complicated, not at all. To me you are 'normal'.

I don't want to make this a really long message but it may end up being, so I apologise in advance.

In May this year I was fighting an addiction, to exactly the same thing as you. It was one of the worst times of my life. I took them for the same reaons as you. I took them to make myself feel better, to get through the day. I took them when I was bored, before I left the house and after I ate anything. I'd tell myself I was 'in pain' just so I wouldn't feel guilty for taking them. If I didn't take them I couldn't do anything, I couldn't concentrate. It was horrid.

Co-codamol is from the same family as cocaine and as you probably know they are extremely addictive. I can't explain how much I understand and how much I want you to get help, to make this better. If you feel comfertable talking to your doctor, do. If not you have us on RYL. You are not alone, we understand.

You're not stupid; you're human.

Asking for advice/help is the first step to beating an addiction.
Thank you hun, I've written another post on here, as I did go to the doc, she's given me 8 co codamol per day and taking me down 1 per week, but its really not going well, I bought my third packet today, I'm not going to tell the doc that cos altho she is really nice she pretty much said she couldn't stop me from buying the OTC. So am really not sure what to do right now. Are you over the addiction? Any tips?

x x x x



"you treat a disease, you win, you lose, you treat the person I guarantee you win everytime, whatever the outcome" - PATCH ADAMS

Little sis - Kj's shadow

tibette is offline   Reply With Quote