View Single Post
Old 21-08-2008, 12:15 AM   #2
Voldemort
 
Voldemort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005

At the end of the day, Jess, it's how YOU perceive it, not what someone tells you.

I am personally of the opinion that if it's a one off, or in this case, 3 separate occasions of a one off, as opposed to recurring episodes, then it's a slip up. Slip ups shouldn't alter the self harm free.

I guess it also depends on what you view as quitting self harm.

Basically, amongst all that rambling, I'm trying to say...er...

If you can look back and think, I haven't relied on self harm as a solution, as a crutch for all my problems for 2 years, even though I slipped up three times, you're 2 years free.

From the sounds of it, self harm is no longer your solution. It's not something you turn to first, or second, or even 3rd. Which suggests you're free from it.

Sorry. I know this is all rambling nothing. Erm. I hope something in there helped...

Voldemort is offline   Reply With Quote