RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mental Health Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   ive been thinkign (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99775)

XTC 01-06-2009 01:26 AM

ive been thinkign
 
about taking coedine as a recreational drug.

i have taken X, speed, cocaine, ketamine to excess in the past and smoke weed evryday. however ive never tryed meds like this.

i know all drugs are bad but is coedine safer than the drugs mentioned befor? either way ill be taking something so it may aswell be a safer alternative.

rockaroni 01-06-2009 04:17 PM

Erm, I'm not really sure how much we can say on here. Obviously, it's against the rules to glamorize drugs or encourage substane use so I'm not sure how well your question can be answered.

I guess the thing is with codeine is it's far more likely to be from a clean source as such, most phams are. Whereas you get any other drug from the streets, you don't know what it's cut with, and that automatically makes it more dangerous. But if you're going to do it, do your research. I found codeine to be a very clean high where I was in control. Not everyone seeks that kind of control in a high.

One thing I will just say is please don't take it in the form of cocodamol, as you run the risk of doing some serious damage from the paracetamol content. It might be worth looking at a reliable, non biased source such as erowid for information.

XTC 01-06-2009 05:03 PM

it would be co-codomol but the paracetemol will be removed first.

blondiebear 02-06-2009 06:01 AM

No drugs are safe if they are taken for the wrong reasons. You can overdose on anything.

Telling someone that a drug isn't as bad for you as everyone thinks, or that something in moderation is good, or helps you IS tip sharing. Despite what many people think, substances that are illegal are illegal for good reason.

Please do not advocate the use of recreational drugs or the over use of any drug to another member on RYL - apart from being dangerous it also puts RYL at risk of being seen to encourage discussion of illegal activities.


This is from the rules for this forum.



squirrelspit 02-06-2009 12:35 PM

coedine is really addictive. i really wouldnt reccomend taking it at all.

XTC 02-06-2009 05:00 PM

"No drugs are safe if they are taken for the wrong reasons. You can overdose on anything."

yeah but being educated about the safest way to use drugs, the effects, signs of OD and so on have been proven to make it "safer"

Day Tripper 04-06-2009 01:37 PM

Codeine is a narcotic. In the US is it a schedule II drug when it is not combined with another pain killer (ibuprofen, acetaminophen/paracetamol). I'm not sure about where you are. But that makes having it a potential felony.

It's very addictive. It is in the same class as heroin and heroin is a very addictive drug. The withdrawals are nasty, painful, and super depressing. And, trust me, if you start using it as a recreational drug you're bound to use it by yourself because of the effects it has on you mentally and physically, especially if you're suffering from depression/stress already.

I really don't recommend an opiate or opioid to be used as a recreational drug. I've had a, I guess you can say, a mild addiction to an opioid for six or seven years and trust me when I say it came out of no where, it started as recreational use, and it is hell when I have to go without. I can't sleep, I can't stay asleep (I do have insomnia but this is a different kind of unable to sleep thing), I am stressed, bitchy, physically uncomfortable, I don't feel as though I can handle anything mentally. In short, it's horrible, and it comes on fast.

Although I'm also against most drug use so don't take this as a "don't take codeine, go off and do something else!" type of reply. I'm really just trying to be honest about it all.

XTC 04-06-2009 06:16 PM

ive started using it after talking to a friend whos a pharamcist. tehy told me not to take it, etc but said it was less harmful than what iw as using befor.

[pretty on the inside] 05-06-2009 12:11 AM

It is possible to OD on codeine, so be careful about that. Also, it is quite addictive. I've used it a few times and although it's a nice break from reality, I know that it's not something I should use too often. Maybe you need to see someone about the things that cause you to feel as though you need to take drugs?

XTC 05-06-2009 01:11 AM

probably, it just feels easier like this...

consequential 05-06-2009 02:20 AM

the only codeine i have taken is in pain killers for my back dont know how u would seperate the codeine out of them
they arent even that strong but supposed to be addictive solpadol they are called
but why do you feel you should substitute
ectasy would be better than codeine cos its not addictive and it created harmony with ppl around you
but im not saying go out and take it the world is different now then when i was taking ectasy
this will prob be edited for saying take drugs im saying dont take any drug at all go clean please
i took drugs the whole time and i gave up now i just drink too much but its better than being ****ed up in the head
my mental health deteoriated becos of my drug taking so be warned
you can read my thread i used to be like a model now im fat and ugly cos of meds so who wants to be like me
do you want to be big and fat cos it aint pretty i swear

Mrs Sam 05-06-2009 07:21 AM

Ok i'm going to lock this because any other answers will only lead to tipsharing. There has been some good answers given though so i hope the threadstarter has gained some knowledge from this.

Take care

Sam
RYL Moderator


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.