RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Self-Harm Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   3 good things (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98001)

Moonlight Princess 18-05-2009 11:46 AM

3 good things
 
Hi guys!
This is just something I read that can help to inject a little bit of positivity into a day, no matter how bad you feel it's been. What you have to do is post here 3 good things that have happened to you today and why. They can be as big or small as you like and there is nothing too small. So for example mine today could be something like:

1. Even writing this thread has made me feel a bit more positive because it's already helping me think of lots of positive things about my life that I didn't realise before.

2. It's sunny outside and seeing the sun always makes me feel energised.

3. I'm spending a lovely morning on RYL and it makes me feel all fuzzy inside to know that there are a lot of wonderful, caring people out there.

I always find that this really helps when I'm having a really terrible day because when you're feeling low you tend to miss the positive things. On a really bad day my positive thing might be just that I'm alive and things could be better tomorrow and even that could be enough to keep me going.
Kiran
xx

loveishere 18-05-2009 02:19 PM

Hey, nice idea. I'm not struggling but I never say no to a bit of positivity.
1. I am home and that's nice because I don't get to be very often
2. I've woken up early and it is a beautiful day, so I can have a lot of fun
3. My friends are coming over later to make smores, and I love them and smores.

Left. 18-05-2009 02:46 PM

this is a lovely idea :)

1. i sat my business exam today and came out with a smile on my face :)
2. i am now off on study leave for 2 weeks until my next exam :)
3. as of today i am 25 days clean :D

x

Ami 18-05-2009 04:41 PM

this is good!

1. i didnt feel THAT bad about myself today
2. I went to CBT ppointment and felt more positive about stuff changing (and i was nervous but it wasnt as bad)
3. errrrrrrrrrrrm i bought some cool shoes!!

Moonlight Princess 19-05-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveishere (Post 1626212)
Hey, nice idea. I'm not struggling but I never say no to a bit of positivity.
1. I am home and that's nice because I don't get to be very often
2. I've woken up early and it is a beautiful day, so I can have a lot of fun
3. My friends are coming over later to make smores, and I love them and smores.

I'm sightly embarassed but can I ask, what are smores?!:blush: I always see that word around and everybody seems to love them but I never know what they are! Anyway have fun making them and woot for study leave begin, good luck with the rest of your exams!

Katiee 19-05-2009 02:58 PM

I'm not struggling, but I wanna do it anyway. (:

1. I passed my exam when I was so sure I would fail.
2. I'm 115 days clean, nearly 4 months - longest I've ever gone.
3. I've been keeping calm. xD

loveishere 20-05-2009 07:27 AM

New day.
1. I am very pleased with my life right now
2. I spent the day with my dad, who I love
3. I visited the university I'm going to in august and I am very excited.

Moonlight Princess 25-05-2009 09:44 PM

1. Had some homemade bruschetta for the first time so that is a step forward in eating more healthily.
2. Read some more of "Breaking Dawn"
3. Found some informative websites.

amethyst 25-05-2009 09:49 PM

Sounds great (Y)

1) A cute cat made it's way into my house twice today, it made me scream and laugh which took my mind off bad things.
2) Two boys rang me and really wanted to meet up with me, that made me feel loved :-D
3) I have supported lots of people on the site today which made me feel good.

l'il esky 25-05-2009 10:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
1)i tidied my bedroom and that always makes me feel good. it looks so lovely (if u ignore the sizeable amount of dirty washing to be done)
2)i went to buy a sideboard for my hall at ikea for £133 but they didnt have it in stocked so i looked in argos and found one that was a better size and only £48!!!! (in the sale) BARGAIN!! you cant beat a bargain!
3)my mum phoned and said she and dad would come round next weekend to put up shelves in my airing cupboard (need more storage) and she said she wants to see my flat (mum hasnt been round for about a year) usually i have to drag my dad round to do any DIY i want doing but she never comes :)

some piccy's :) my bedroom doesnt normally look so prison like,its actually quite big :s-the heart on my wall is made from Willow branches :D pretty (looks better in person) xx

tigris 25-05-2009 10:47 PM

good idea :)

1. It was sunny so I sunbathed on the trampoline whilst 'revising' to get my base tan going for the summer
2. A garden designer came round to have a look at our garden and he was rather attractive and I chatted to him all day :)
3. I got rid of the spider that has been chilling in my room for the last 2 days and making me terrified to sleep there!

Overall, a pretty good day!

Geranium 26-05-2009 04:37 AM

yep - good idea - easy to forget the good stuff.
1) spent time with bf who is lovely
2) ordered parts for broken vacuum cleaner and stereo - finally
3) saw interesting exhibition

LilMissVix 31-05-2009 05:07 AM

1. My best friend graduated on the super sunny day.
2. I found this site right before a nice nap.
3. We had ice cream and found out DQ's fries are vegan.

Moonlight Princess 01-06-2009 12:39 PM

Welcome Rachel!
DQ fries? what are they and they sound yum!

1. My brother is back home-yay!:-D :-D :-D *dances*
2. The weather is lovely again (Hopes she hasn't jinxed it!)
3. Have rented 4 DVD's from Blockbuster to watch (and now I can watch them with my brother!)

~IntoxicatedRainbow 01-06-2009 03:04 PM

1. I woke up this morning and I heard the birds sing. <3
2. I have no school today! <3
3. I just saw a cute little girl dance on the street, trough the rain. Looked so sweet. <3

Sonic Dreams 01-06-2009 06:47 PM

1. I think I did well in my Maths exam :]
2. I got to spend a little time with a very special someone <3
3. I'm speaking to a lovely friend who never fails to make me giggle ^-^

Rawrk 01-06-2009 07:26 PM

1] I'm eating strawberries.
2] I spent time with a friend.
3]... I'll get back to you.

l'il esky 01-06-2009 09:09 PM

1) i stayed at work even tho i felt crappy
2) i didnt binge or cut when i got critised
3) i rang my friends when needed help rather than deal (or not as the case usually is) with it by myself

beautiful_disaster 01-06-2009 11:19 PM

I like this thread!!

1. I met up with some friends from uni and we had a good catch up session over cake and lemonade.

2. I watched Gavin and Stacey and it made me laugh lots!

3. It was sunny so I got to sit in the garden after uni on my own and listen to the birds singing.

~IntoxicatedRainbow 02-06-2009 07:04 PM

1. COFFEE! Just amazing.
2. Apples. Almost as good. =)
3. I laughed a lot today. Felt good. :]


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.