RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum and Community Questions (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Help on I am a... (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95799)

Diamonds. 03-05-2009 06:29 PM

Help on I am a...
 
I was just wondering, how do you boost up your ranks (sounds a bit lame, don't know what other word to use) in RYL. Like when you go on someones public profile and underneath I am a... it lists different things, how do people get them?
x

squirrelspit 03-05-2009 06:33 PM

well..
if you want to help support, you need to write to klo_flo, who is the head of the supporters (i think).
and if you want to be part of the CT, i think you need to speak to Camila (random_swirls).

with chat mods and forum mods, i dont think you can really apply for those positions, i think they chose you.

I could be wrong. if i am, im sure someone will correct me!

what_the? 03-05-2009 06:34 PM

It's not really a ranking thing.
For example, the majority of members are just that, simply members.
If you join the CT, then that will appear under your details, though I'm not sure if they're recruiting at the moment. Please correct me there.
Then if you are a mod, obviously that goes under there as well, and your name turns a special colour.
To be a sponsor, which also appears under there you sign up under the sponsor RYL bit, and pay a certain amount, either monthly or yearly.
To be a first aid advisor you have to have certain qualifications and be cleared by Harley etc.
To be a supporter, which I think is the only other thing that comes up you have to speak to Klo Flo, I think, who is head of the supporters, and there are certain criteria.
So yeah, it's not really a ranking system at all, it's just different things that people do on/for the site.
Hope that makes sense.

Diamonds. 03-05-2009 06:36 PM

CT? :o sorry. Im kind of dumb.
x

squirrelspit 03-05-2009 06:37 PM

community team.. sorry.

Rawrk 03-05-2009 06:49 PM

The CT are still welcoming people :]

Caru y Nos 03-05-2009 07:54 PM

^^^ The CT (Community Team) will always welcome people, it allows people to join and leave as they wish. :)

Day Tripper 03-05-2009 08:06 PM

Everything said above sounds about right.

The forum and chat mod teams do tend to choose people that they see possess certain traits and prove themselves around the site and aren't really teams that are applied for. That's really all I can think of to add.

Sometimes Crazy 03-05-2009 08:10 PM

I am awesome.

Now everything has been covered.
:)

Animad 04-05-2009 01:56 PM

And with regards to First Aid Advisors we need people to have certain qualifications as well as being them not being easily triggered by things (often assessed by them like posting on the forum first and seeing if they still want to). In terms of qualifications it greater than the average first aid at work qualifications due to us needing to work with ODs and things.

But yeh, it's not ranks, they are just whether you are part of the staff/ community team which bring with them extra duties and the majority are just members which is great. The best way to get further into it and do something for the site is to PM random_swirls and see if you can join the community team which organise how things are on the main site/ decide if anything may need changes/ write articles etc. However, as you have only been a member for the last couple of days at most I would wait and see how you get on with the site. Just being a member is nothing to feel embarrased about and doesn't make you better/ worse than any other person on this site.

random.swirls 05-05-2009 11:23 PM

Yep with the CT we are always looking for people and a new batch should be added shortly.

squirrelspit 06-05-2009 04:12 PM

ha.. batch... it sounds like you are baking them in the oven!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.