RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum and Community Questions (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   The Butterfly Project Tatoos question (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94632)

Fallen Rain 24-04-2009 09:11 PM

The Butterfly Project Tatoos question
 
Heya,

Basically I'm quite interested in the Butterfly Project tattoos. Thsi is a stupid question most likely, but I thought I'd ask, sorry if you've had this question a million times.

I'd really like to buy some of the tattoos (when money comes in hand again) but I literally don't have any skin that isn't covered in scarring (hypertropic and keloid) and I'm thinking they won't work over scarring? Sorry to be a pain, this is probably a stupid question, I just wondered. I know real tattoos are pretty damn hard to get done over scarring, so I just thought I'd ask if anyone's successfully used oneof the fake butterfly tattoos over scarring.

ksdfjhlksajf 25-04-2009 07:26 AM

Hmmm I have no idea to be honest. So this probably isn't a useful reply.

Maybe more people on the Self-Injury board would know? Or you could possibly ask a first aid person if it should work over scarring.

Snow White. 25-04-2009 08:57 AM

I don't think it's a stupid question - hope someone knows the answer for you xxx

Popple 25-04-2009 10:10 AM

I tried this last night to see not with one of the butterfly project ones ( I nicked a couple of my brother when he was in bed) it works on top of just normal fairly flat scars but when I put it over raised scars it didn't stick properly and by this morning was almost completely off.

Fitzwilliam 25-04-2009 11:45 AM

They work over flat scars coz I've used them over them.
But not sure about raised ones.

Fallen Rain 25-04-2009 11:48 AM

Ok thanks a lot for your information. Maybe I'll look around for other ideas and such (my scars are all raised etc).

Thanks a lot for your help, really appreciate it.

Popple 25-04-2009 12:34 PM

Try get some pretty colour thick pens like the marker pens you get for kids and drawing things maybe that definately works on raised scars and you can stick the the butterfly theme or do something really different that means something to you and it works the same =)

Animad 26-04-2009 11:59 AM

If you draw patterns on your skin though make sure the pens are non-toxic!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.