RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Eating Issues Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   i'm a bit confused (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94609)

freyachops 24-04-2009 07:29 PM

i'm a bit confused
 
Hey,

For a while I have suffered from anorexia and go through phases when I want nothing more than to get better and phases when it still has a huge hold on me, I can't remember the last time I went out with the intention of buying food specifically to binge on, in the past these sort of foods would have put the fear of God in me. This morning though I scared myself. I couldn't stop eating them and have seemed to spend the rest of the day purging and i normally I have control over what I eat because I have always hated being sick.

I don't know if I should tell my parents or if it was just a one off.
Freya

HopeRises 24-04-2009 11:00 PM

How are you feeling now? do your parents know a bout the anorexia? if so and they were supportive then tell them?
I don't know what brought on this binge but, prehaps your under stress at the moment or something?

Stay Safe and Take Care
Hope your feeling better.
Leighxxx

***** 25-04-2009 01:48 PM

Maybe this happend because your body was so deprived from food that this made you binge? I know this can happen with anorexia when you are really restricting your intake. But then again like magic_tears said, stress could be a factor...

Cryptic. 25-04-2009 01:49 PM

I think it'd be wise to tell your parents or someone that can help you because you can't do this alone.

I'd grasp hard onto that part of you that wants to get better, don't let it go. That's what will keep you going. Cling onto that, not the other part of you, fight back with the part that is desperate to be okay again.

Bellatrix 25-04-2009 07:42 PM

Yeah love, if you've not eaten for a while, or restricted, you won't have any control over what you eat because you're too malnourished and your brain will make you search out food... not stopping you eating it even when you're full.

can you try and have something for breakfast tomorrow? That could cut the b/p cycle.

freyachops 25-04-2009 07:52 PM

I guess it was down to having not eaten for quite a while, since then though i haven't been able to eat anything, it makes me sick thinking about it. I decided not to tell my parents, they know all about my anorexia since I was sectioned last year but I think telling them I am struggling would be too much for them, i'm always letting them down and I hate disappointing them.

Thanks for all your support guys
Freya
x


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.