RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   My Great Grandmother just passed... (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=922)

Mandarin 18-04-2007 05:58 AM

My Great Grandmother just passed...
 
She's been in care for about 4 months now, and recently went into the hospital with heart and kidney failure... They gave her a few days to live. She finally passed tonight and I don't know what to feel. I'm glad she's not in anymore pain, but I'm sad to have lost such a valued member of my family. Your responses are appreciated.

random.swirls 18-04-2007 06:14 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about your great grandmother may she rest in peace.

I alway's find it such a double edged sword when someone who is so loved in a family dies in such a way. As you say she isn't in pain and her time has come but that doesn't make it any easier for you to adjust to the loss. There is no easy way of coming to term's with it so make sure you take some time out to look after you and allow yourself to grieve.

huggles

Snow White. 18-04-2007 06:30 AM

I am really sorry to hear that, but you don't have to go through this alone, we're all here for you.

The same experience happened with my Grandma last year, and as Cam said it is a bit of a doubled-edged sword, but if it helps she is at rest now. Of course the loss of someone you love is going to hurt, and I really hope you can look after yourself through this grief by expressing how you feel (journals are good for that, also counselling if you are in it - or if you think it would benefit) and trying not to isolate yourself; spend some time with your family and keep doing things you enjoy.

You're in my thoughts,
Aimeee xo

pugdog 18-04-2007 07:42 AM

Mandy *hugs* i know its really hard now with everything piling up. You can make it. you can always messege me if you wanna talk, your a great person. Your great grandma wouldnt want you to get really upset from her loss. like you said, she was sick and in pain and now shes not hurting anymore.
*hugs tightly*

-brian

craola 18-04-2007 08:52 AM

*Holds*
Im so sorry for your loss hun, its always so hard losing a member of your family, someone you love. As you said she is no longer in pain, I know it still hurts and doesnt make it any easier to adjust to. My thoughts are with you.
Aimee xx

klo_flo 18-04-2007 09:04 AM

Oh Mandy, I'm sorry love. This is another time we need to be able to give hugs in a general Forum.

I think the same way as Cam, it's a double edged sword and when someone passes that you care about there are always a whole array of emotions that you can go through, which is fine as long as you allow yourself to feel them. Something that can't be taken from you though are the memories that you have, that only further value her memory for you.

I'm really sorry hun, can you talk to your other family about it if you needed to? Friends? Hang on in there - time will help.

Chloe xx

-Tough-Cookie- 18-04-2007 09:12 AM

*cuddles* I'm really sorry hunny. I know how hard it was when my gran passed away, she lives on in your memories xxxxx

Aidee 18-04-2007 10:28 AM

*hugs*

No one is ever gone as long as you remember them.


AD

sherlock holmes 18-04-2007 11:00 AM

*hugs*

Sorry for your loss. Wish I could say more to help you, but I'm not good with things like this.

Harley 18-04-2007 12:00 PM

Oh Mandy I am am sorry to hear this,

Even when it isn't exexpected it still comes as a serious shock when it does happen.

All our thoughts are with you, lots of hugs


Harley

Paperdreams. 18-04-2007 04:42 PM

Awh, I'm really sorry to hear that. Hope you're okay, thinking of you. *cuddles*.

Dreaming. 18-04-2007 06:38 PM

Mand, it's dreadful that this has happened - but at least she was in hospital, and as you say, she's out of her pain.

Please feel free to talk, rant, or just yell, and we'll help as best we can.

Please take care of you,
Jo xo

Mandarin 19-04-2007 02:11 AM

Thankyou for your support, I just had to unload her things and had a panic attack... I don't know how to handle this =\

pugdog 19-04-2007 05:46 AM

*hugs* well you having to unload them says alot, it says that you were able to help out the family with this hard stuff.. it might have been too hard for the others in your family to do.
your very strong, you can pull through this.

-brian

Persephone Hazard 19-04-2007 11:57 AM

Coming to this very late, but please accept my thoughts and condolences for your loss. Grief is huge and terrifying, but this too will pass.

Queen Crabbit 19-04-2007 07:14 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Take it a day at a time.

And feel free to PM me if you want to chat about anything.

xxx


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.