RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum and Community Questions (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   RYL rules outside the site/in PMs... (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89122)

_plastic 14-03-2009 01:10 PM

RYL rules outside the site/in PMs...
 
Hey,

I know i take full responsibility to add ppl to my MSN/yahoo from the RYL,

But often the chat gets very triggery and of course u can't keep usrelf safe from being triggerd cuz there is no warning or labels.

Same as to recieve a PM on the RYL without being warned that the content of the PM would be triggery.

I'm really not sure whats my point here lol,

I'm sure i read something about copy/paste bits of chat and giving it to a mod if it got triggery or offenensive,

Excuse my poor memory if not.

Or may be thats on the RYL chat?

:ermm:

Rawrk 14-03-2009 01:47 PM

I so read that wrong.
lol.

basicaly what linda said.
you add them, you deal with it.

linder surprise 14-03-2009 01:48 PM

all you can do is tell said person to stop or that youre being triggered.
the whole point of giving logs to mods etc is so the other person can be "punished", right? well i think it would be ridiculous to punish someone just for being triggering in a conversation.
i dunno. personally i just think tough.

_plastic 14-03-2009 02:01 PM

In an MSN chat,

I had this person telling me she hasn't eaten in X days, even tho she fully knows that i am struggling and even tho i told her that i really don't risk relapsing .

Insensetive of her, yes i know !

She literary logged in , said hi, and then told me that she hasn't been eating in a while.

I blocked & deleted her recently, cuz for the past years she has not considered that I am trying my hardest to be healthy.


xx

_plastic 14-03-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

all you can do is tell said person to stop or that youre being triggered.
I do that,

_plastic 14-03-2009 02:05 PM

I ALWAYS try to ask the person i am chatting with if they get triggered with certain topics, esp the RYLers have on MSN...

...

angel of despair 14-03-2009 02:05 PM

I don't think you can report them to mods if their doing it on msn. can you block are delete them?

Popple 14-03-2009 02:07 PM

If people aren't going to respect your wishes then I would just say block and delete because you can't stop them saying things and if you keep asking and they carry on then they are unfairly putting pressure on you.
x

_plastic 14-03-2009 02:07 PM

May be it's best if i don't add anybody at all :pinch:

I could report a PM if anybody does that on here tho...

Hmmph..

linder surprise 14-03-2009 02:09 PM

uhhh yeah just block & delete & don't speak to them again.

Popple 14-03-2009 02:09 PM

Yeah if they do it in a pm the rules apply to pms as well I assume so guess you can report that.
x

I.Heart.And 14-03-2009 02:27 PM

As far as triggering PMs go, there is an option where you only receive PMs from your buddies. Try that?

MSN and Yahoo chat is nothing to do with RYL.

Catherine x

Amaryllis 14-03-2009 02:35 PM

If someone is breaking the rules in a pm, please let us know. You're supposed to follow the rules there too.

_plastic 14-03-2009 02:49 PM

Okay thanks !

squirrelspit 14-03-2009 04:51 PM

maybe you should only add people to msn when you know them a bit better, and they know what will/wont trgger you and vice-versa.

I dont think the mods can be responsible for things that happen outside of RYL, but if youre triggered by a pm, tell that person, or tell a mod if you need to.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.