![]() |
Borderline personality disorder *very interesting*
Well at least i found it very interesting. I found a website that when i read what it was saying about borderline it was me to a t. Everything was how i felt and how i react to things so i thought i would share it.
Oh i have been diagnoised with borderline just to let you know. It was when i was hospitalized. :( anyway the below information was taken from the website: www.bpdcentral.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Take a lookie: What is Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)? A borderline writes:"Being a borderline feels like eternal hell. Nothing less. Pain, anger, confusion, hurt, never knowing how I'm gonna feel from one minute to the next. Hurting because I hurt those who I love. Feeling misunderstood. Analyzing everything. Nothing gives me pleasure. Once in a great while I will get "too happy" and then anxious because of that. Then I self-medicate with alcohol. Then I physically hurt myself. Then I feel guilty because of that. Shame. Wanting to die but not being able to kill myself because I'd feel too much guilt for those I'd hurt, and then feeling angry about that so I cut myself or O.D. to make all the feelings go away. Stress!" Therapists use a book called "Diagnostic and Statistical Manual" (DSM) to make mental health diagnoses. They've outlined nine traits that borderlines seem to have in common; the presence of five or more of them may indicate BPD. However, please note the following:
DSM-IV Definition of BPD
The world of a BP, like that of a child, is split into heroes and villains. A child emotionally, the BP cannot tolerate human inconsistencies and ambiguities; he cannot reconcile anther is good and bad qualities into a constant coherent understanding of another person. At any particular moment, one is either Good or EVIL. There is no in-between; no gray area....people are idolized one day; totally devalued and dismissed the next.
Dissociation is the state in which, on some level or another, one becomes somewhat removed from "reality," whether this be daydreaming, performing actions without being fully connected to their performance ("running on automatic"), or other, more disconnected actions. It is the opposite of "association" and involves the lack of association, usually of one's identity, with the rest of the world.
Statistics about BPD BPs comprise:
|
Dear Dakota,I too was diagnosed Borderline and was hospitalized several times because of it.I was eventually discharged from the Mental health Service,but not cured,now I am in intensive therapy and trying to find a way out of the dilemma of self-harm.My advice:don't rely on a label,you are a human being not a statistic!Keep on hoping for something better and maybe you'll find it.
|
Hi there
great information, a really good read, ive thought for awhile that i might hav bpd but never seen anyone about it, pretty much everything in your post i can relate to myself but i have been diagnosed with depression, anxiety an Dissociation so i dont really know if i could b getting confused with things!? help anyone!. keep up the great work Rach x.x. |
That is really interesting, thanks for posting.
Im in the middle of a very long diagnosis, they say I am 'too immature' for a diagnosis and have gone from Aspberges to Bipolar and are now onto BPD combined with another personality disorder blah blah blah etc. etc. Then I went to see my new psych and she suggested its just lack of fruit *giggles* my CPN nearly hit her. |
Its intresting but the two statistics you missed out where
10% of people with BPD commit Suicide The average age of someone with Borderline is 32 Ok i know they arnt good ones. I currently have been diagnoised with BPD but i dont really think i do have it *shrug* oh well |
great essay thanks for posting =)
|
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:06 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.