RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   can I have some sympathy please? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83708)

Stellata 02-02-2009 06:19 PM

can I have some sympathy please?
 
I had just stuck the 'we're closing early due to the weather' notice on the door at work this afternoon, and was navigating the automatic doors so I didn't let heap big cold into the library. And the damn door attempted to close. Giving my head an excessive big *thunk*.
Everyone was like ooo sit down, get a cold compress and everything.
But it doesn't hurt too much, and I've done the whole Arnica thing now.
I feel somewhat stunned though still.

Popple 02-02-2009 06:32 PM

Awww *cuddles*
You look after yourself and chocolate is always a good solution to any problem and pains =P

_plastic 02-02-2009 08:16 PM

Aww take care of urself Katie *holds*

Stellata 02-02-2009 08:19 PM

Thanks.

What do you know, I bumped my head again on the kitchen door earlier. I had just put the half full soggy loo roll in the bin, that our resident 2 year old had thrown in the toilet... and stood up and *thunk*.
Again.

My head really does hurt now. :(

bigmouth 02-02-2009 08:22 PM

I hope it feels better soon! Well done for getting to work in the snow!

ceiron 02-02-2009 08:50 PM

lol :P

realflifefaerie 02-02-2009 11:18 PM

*cuddles*
Hot chocolate and early night sounds may be what you need.
Its just not your day is it?

Stellata 03-02-2009 08:45 AM

Yes. I had an early night. Much needed.
Thanks everyone.

I'm wondering if it keeps happening because I'm taller than I think I am. With this whole dissociation business. Hmm.

hellohefalump 03-02-2009 10:16 AM

you poor thing that all sounds painful! I hope you're ok, better luck today :-)

My sister is taller than she thinks she is (she's 12 and she's grown very fast) and she's always hurting herself.

one_step_closer 03-02-2009 10:24 AM

Poor you *hugs* I hope you have better luck today.

Yellow 03-02-2009 05:54 PM

*gentle squishes*
*gives headache meds*
much love.
xxxxxxxxxxx

Misunderstood. 03-02-2009 06:40 PM

The being taller than you think you are concept sounds interesting.
Sorry to hear you hit your head, twice.
(hugs)

Stellata 03-02-2009 07:41 PM

Thank you..

It doesn't hurt so much today, except when I touch it. And there's no noticeable bruise, which is good.

Mandimoo 04-02-2009 01:06 AM

cold compress? just go stick your head in the snow :P
maybe the door was trying to cuddle you??
mand x

jellytot 04-02-2009 01:29 AM

have one they are lush i am injured too and confined to bed and the staff made me one and omg
yummmmyyyyy

Mandimoo 04-02-2009 01:54 AM

mmm yeah they are nice, like chocolate melted into milk and cream mmmm

jellytot 04-02-2009 02:30 AM

awww lol hows the head ??? feeling a bit better yet , i've got an injury on my leg and ooowwwiiee it hurts and even painkillers dont do nothin lol have you had any painkillers ?

Stellata 04-02-2009 08:15 AM

Oooo yum. Thanks!

My head's not so bad. Thankfully it doesn't need painkillers.
How did you injure your leg?

My legs ache from walking on snow and ice in wellies for long distances. I'm hoping not to wear my wellies today, but we'll see!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.