RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mental Health Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   hello (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77984)

Mai 22-12-2008 06:05 AM

hello
 
Hello RYL

I stumbled across this forum while searching for info about depression, since I think I might have it. I don't really know how to start or how much to write, but I guess I can describe a little how I feel. It has been a downward slope to where I am now, feeling so, so sad and without hope. I feel like there are so many reasons for my unhappiness/depression (some reasons are older than others, some stronger than others) that the thought of seeking professional help is so overwhelming. I feel like it would take ages just to describe those reasons, let alone trying to treat them.

I guess I am writing here, to get a push in the right direction regarding treatment and to listen to other people who are going through this.

I know I should write more about myself, why I am sad and so on, but just reading a few posts and registring here made me face my situation a tiny bit and my heart began to race, my breathing was hard and I felt scared just by doing this, so have patience with me.

Thank you

Mai

one lie at a time 22-12-2008 07:06 AM

Hi, Mai. :] First off - welcome. And I'm glad that you joined and posted.

I'm definitely not a doctor, so I can't be sure if what you're experiencing is depression. I know you said seeking professional help seems overwhelming, but I think it's something you need to consider trying. It won't be easy, but it'll be worth it. You don't have to go through what you're going through right now. There are things that can help it. We can't make you stop feeling that way, though. We can only support you and help you through it. I wish you the best of luck. If you ever want to talk about anything, don't be afraid to send me a PM. xxxxxxx

sherlock holmes 22-12-2008 10:51 AM

Hi Mai, welcome to RYL :)

Have you seen a doctor? If you haven't I would really suggest that you see one. We can't say if you do or do not have depression as we are not doctors, but it does sound as if you are experiencing some difficulties at the moment.

Seeing a doctor can be a bit overwhelming, but we're all here to support you.

tamobhuuta 22-12-2008 09:29 PM

hi Mai, welcome to RYL. i'm sorry you're stuggling at the moment, and it's good you joined up and wrote a bit about how you feel. going to a doctor is scary, you don't say how long things have been like this for you, but i refused to see anyone about things until after a year i was forced to. feeling forced into it made it difficult to accept any help, so i think t's best to go as soon as possible and of your own accord. and even once you've found the help, it does take a long time to go into the hows and whys, as you say, and then treatment takes time too. i don't think i'm even beginning to recover so i'm not the best person to preach, but there are people round here in recovery who will tell you that it is worth the time, and more, to get out of those feelings. it's absolutely ok and normal to be scared or tired out by everything that's going on for you, so carry on taking things slowly as you like. xxx miriam


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.