RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mental Health Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Manic... but, not... Help?! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77744)

Mad-Mad-World 20-12-2008 09:39 AM

Manic... but, not... Help?!
 
I don't know. The only way to describe what I'm feeling, is mania. But, there's nothing wrong with me that would cause mania. My thoughts are racing, I can't sit still, I'm doing stupid things that I know not to do, just for the sake of doing them, for the thrill...

But, I don't have bi-polar. I do not have any disease that would cause mania. And I'm still depressed. I'm still thinking about bad, sad, lowly things. I'm not angry, I'm only a little bit paranoid... so, not mania?

Anyways, what I'm getting at is, does anyone have any ideas on how to help me settle down? Or come off of this mania, or whatever. I haven't gotten decent, restful rest in weeks. I sleep, after many many hours of tossing and turning, and I wake up tired, but also manic, unable to stop moving, unable to keep my thoughts and body from racing. I jitter...

I don't know, I complain, but I could really use anyone's advice on how to come down from this...

Please?
-Meg

Wellingtons 20-12-2008 04:06 PM

Could it be anxiety?

smoochy_lou 20-12-2008 05:41 PM

im not really sure if its mania or whatnot but have you tried the usual things to aid sleep? warm milky drink? relaxing bath etc? some simple things like that may just calm your mind down enough to help you sleep

hope ur ok xx

ThinkingofRecovery 20-12-2008 06:01 PM

I get like this a little through anxiety including the physical jitters thing. nothing really to suggest though other than that above - milky drinks, cutting out caffeine, warm bath prior to bedtime...

Mad-Mad-World 20-12-2008 10:40 PM

It might be anxiety, I didn't really even think about that...

I've tried the usual sleep things, they don't really work. Like, I am able to get to sleep, it just takes forever, but I wake up, and I'm still just outrageously tired, but, hyper at the same time. If that makes sense?

charliotta 21-12-2008 12:25 AM

you could try and see your doctor because a few anti-depressants made me feel jittery, so i saw my doctor who changed them. BUT don't stop taking your current meds if you are on any before seeing a doctor as this will make you feel a lot worse (possibly than you were in the beginning).

emotionxsickness 21-12-2008 02:57 AM

Ive had mania mixed with depression before. but i am bipolar. I dont know what would cause this for you and im sorry your going through this, its a terrible feeling. but when i had mixed episodes i did alot of stupid things, like running away to topeka and started SIing again. I was happy but suicidal. and i felt like i was losing my mind. people didnt believe i was suicidal, and thse that did were frustrated because i wouldnt talk about what i was bothering me. but there wasnt anything bothering me just a bad mix of chemicals or hormones in my body. i wish i had advice for you. just thought id let you know your not alone. my mixed episode lasted from june to september. then I hit severe depression that lasted until about 3 weeks ago, and now im stable and happy. my meds are controling my mania/depression as well as the skills ive learned in therapy

Sarika 21-12-2008 04:50 PM

I'm bipolar and I've had these "mixed episdoes" - they do really exist. Is it possible that there was a mis-diagnosis with your depression?

I agree that it could be anxiety.

I've also have obsessive-depressive episdoes where my thoughts race, I can't sit still, and I'm so focused on my depressive feelings that my thoughts turn to suicide and self-harm. It's like my brain is screaming "I can't take it anymore!".

I really urge you to see your doctor - you can have meds that can control this before it gets out of control...and something serious happens.

Hope you're okay hun
xx

broken_dreams 21-12-2008 06:28 PM

I'm bipolar as well and have deffinatly had these "episodes" I agree with the person above; i also encourage you to see your doctor.

I'm not saying it definatly is, but if it is a mis- diagnosis, anti- depressents cause mood swings and the episodes to worsen.

I deal with quite a bit of anxiety and paranoia myself and i find that reading helps quite a bit with it as well as minor depression, as long as it's not anything triggering. Also the warm bath and i find that lavender scented anything helps with coming down from my mania and anxiety.


I hope you're okay. <3

Mad-Mad-World 22-12-2008 04:37 AM

Well, I only really say a psychologist for a few weeks, because my insurance doesn't cover more than 15 visits, and since I didn't really open up, they said it would be foolish to continue with counseling.

Luckily, I've gotten out of the manic thing as of today, but now I am completely and utterly dead-feeling. I don't want to move, or think, or anything. I guess I'm probably just really tired out from being all hyped up and whatnot.

Anyways, thanks to everyone for their advice! Lol, and now I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum; how do you motivate yourself to do anything, when you're just constantly tired and don't want to do anything?

Narrator 22-12-2008 05:26 AM

I feel similar to this and Ive been diagnosed with serious anxiety problem...

x.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.