RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Self-Harm Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Help please asap (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76693)

Ginger Snap 11-12-2008 09:10 PM

Help please asap
 
Tomorrow i will be 2 months since i last SI'd. Since i quit.
But i don't think i'll make it til morning.
I'm trying to distract myself but nothing is working.
Please can someone help me?
I don't know how but i know i need help.
I have NEVER gone this long without hurting myself in 6 years.
I think i'm starting to realise that if i give up, it will be forever and i'm petrified.

xxx

momo432 11-12-2008 09:18 PM

2 months is great!!! It's perfectly normal to feel petrified about giving up, especially if you've been SIing for 6 yrs.
Can you read or watch TV or something? Or... do you have any Where's Wally books?! They're great distractions! Or go on ryl chat or the distractions forum.

x

_plastic 11-12-2008 09:22 PM

Two months are great Laura wow really brilliant :D

Can you call someone, you don't have to tell him/her that you are unsafe just as a distraction?

Love you xx

Ginger Snap 11-12-2008 10:07 PM

Thankyou i'm watching DVDs at the moment.
I feel a bit better but it's when i go to bed that i'm most worried about.
I've had a weird day today and i don't really want to talk to anyone Roby but thankyou all the same.
I'm trying

xxx

secrets & lies 11-12-2008 10:10 PM

Congratulations on going 2 months, that's fantastic! I understand how you feel about the thought of giving it up forever, it's so hard to give up something you've relied on for so long but you can do it. What is it that scares you the most about giving up?

Can you get out of your house - go see a friend or go for a walk? It used to help me to get away from a place where I could hurt myself, I used to find running a really good way to distract myself. You've probably had a look at this before but theres always the big distraction list or the big distraction page to have a look at which might give you different ideas to distract yourself.

You can make it to tomorrow without doing this.
Feel free to PM me if you ever need someone to talk to

Take care xxx

_plastic 11-12-2008 10:11 PM

Keep trying thats what we can ask from you =]

You are doing so great keep it up.And just to help you with the 'negative-before sleeping time'.You can put on some relaxing songs.Something classic may be nothing too heavy.Just to clear your mind.

Take care lovely xx

Ginger Snap 11-12-2008 11:02 PM

Ok i can feel myself slipping again and i can't stop myself.
I'm trying to get over my ED even though i'm lying to everyone that i'm ok.
I don't think i can quit both at once, so it's one or the other.
I'm so sorry i think i'm gonna let you all down here.

xxx

IceBerg 11-12-2008 11:31 PM

NONONO
You wont let anyone down, just try and keep distracted please :D
Two months is GREAT!

Wonderland. 12-12-2008 01:01 AM

Sweetie you have come so far and you are doing so well. You can get through this urge please hold on as long as you can. Think how many urges you have beaten before this is no different.
Keep fighting.

Amy x

Ginger Snap 12-12-2008 09:24 AM

I just wanted to say thank you to you all for helping me.
I managed to hold off :)
This feels really strange, i feel really exposed now i'm on the other side of 2 months SI free.
Is that just me? Like i can't see the goal ahead of me because it lasts forever?
Anyway thankyou you're all amazing

xxx

IceBerg 12-12-2008 11:37 AM

well done :)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.