RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Quit my job. In need of a hug (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76467)

phoenixflames_forever 10-12-2008 01:43 AM

Quit my job. In need of a hug
 
Ok, so i just quit my part time job, the person i worked for i think mentally was making me a lot worse and and generally just amplifying my sense of worthlessness.
Admittedly i don't need the extra money strain, but am hopeful i can find new part time work in the new year and kind of have a fresh start.
I guess am just feeling a bit shakey about it all i've never quit a job before and although am relieved (sp) i still feel like a complete cow for quitting, that i've let people down and i should of tried harder,,,,but i was just so unhappy there.
i dunno sorry this i so pointless, guess i just need a hug or something.

phoenix x

ravynsoul 10-12-2008 02:48 AM

*Sending lots of hugs your way*

Phoenix, you did what you needed to do for yourselff, kudos for doing that!!

Life is hard enough, and being in a negative environment is not fun...

Don't really have anything concrete to say... just letting you know I am thinking of you; feel free to pm me if you need to talk.

Take care!!

phoenixflames_forever 10-12-2008 02:14 PM

Hey, thanks for the reply i just kind of needed some reassurance that i wasn't doing it because am a selfish idiot.
I want to be doing a job am happy in, I've heard of people that actually have jobs there happy with and don't dread going too and i kind of wanted that for myself, bu then i go round the whole cycle of maybe its just me and i don't deserve to be happy.
Am hoping that with the more time i have to myself now (besides uni) i can kind of concentrate on getting through Christmas, because i know this is going to be one of the most difficult I've faced. My heads not in a good place at the moment i just want too sort it out, if that's ever possible.
Thank you again, and thanks all the hugs

phoenix xxx

one_step_closer 10-12-2008 03:50 PM

You most definitely do deserve to be happy, and I really hope that you find a job that you enjoy. It's good that you realised that your job was making things more difficult for you and you have taken a positive step. Please use this time to take care of yourself. I'm here if you need anything.

-Tough-Cookie- 10-12-2008 04:26 PM

No words, just *hugs* and love

phoenixflames_forever 10-12-2008 08:36 PM

hey thanks for the replies *hugs back*
Am sorry am just feeling so vulnerable at the minute. I keep crying all o sudden and i just feel so drained. I just need to find someway to get through it all but it gets harder everyday it gets closer to christmas. Its just all too painful i now am being pathetic. Gah sorry for going on.

phoenix xx

~*forever_broken*~ 10-12-2008 09:37 PM

Oh, something I can do! I'm **** for anything else but hugs, hugs I can do
*massive hugs and some extras just for good measure*
I am sorry you felt the need to quit but I am glad that you saw fit to get yourself out of an unhealthy situation

Sleepless123 10-12-2008 09:51 PM

Hey many hugs to you!

And i understand your anxiety but i actually think you were very brave to do this and get out of a situation that you werent happy in and that was very possibly adversely effecting your health.

Well done for doing something positive even though i know it probably doesnt feel like it right now.

But what youve done is part of self care and its really important.You have made a massive step.

i know you will be anxious now about if you will find something new or not and how it will all turn out etc and i think thats very natural but at least you havent let things just continue and probably go on to deteroiate further.

That takes guts and is so brave.

i am lucky.

Before my current part time job i had only ever had a few voluntary positions before.

i was worried but have been so lucky and now im in the place ive been happiest in.

My job is now something i really really like and enjoy and people there have been fab to me too and its made such a difference.

i often struggle with it [and sometimes a lot] cos of my mental health but that is not related to the people there or the environment and when im well i really like it there and actually in general a lot of the time also find it such a benefit to my health, which can be very fragile.

So yes you can get a job you enjoy and i hope you find something and that it suits you better!

You deserve to be happy.

Take care and good luck.

ThinkingofRecovery 10-12-2008 10:15 PM

Just popping in to say that I recently took a big step down at work (from solicitor to paralegal) and although I still hate myself, I know that my other role wasn't sustainable due to the environment created by my boss and the extra pressures. I'm not in a great place at the moment but the lesser role means that it takes less out of me. I know it takes alot to tell people around you and to accept that some of them might not agree it is the right decision. However, I can tell from your post that your job was not a good thing for you at the moment and you have made the right decision. You have made a brave and sensible decision. Stop kicking yourself over it! *hugs*

phoenixflames_forever 10-12-2008 10:54 PM

Thanks so much guys am feeling a bit better about it all now *sends massive hugs back*
I think the turning point in the job for me was when the person i worked for became frustrated because i was struggling with a task, that i'd only been shown to do very briefly once before. This led him into a long rant at me including swearing and shouting and being in a bad head place too sent me into tears, which he thought was a good point to mock me about and how i cried like a child.
Of course it didnt make me feel any less guilty when i quit, like you No Reason i was also worried about what people around me would think too i didn't want them to think i was pathetic and just confirm my own feelings of self. And also well done too you for taking a step in looking after yourself *hugs*
Am really glad you found a job your happy in Sleepless123, :), i hope its possible for me to get one too am so tired of moving from unhappy place to unhapplace.
Thanks again to everyone for understanding and hugs.
Also if anyone needs someone to chat too please PM me.

Take care,
phoenix xxx

airwolf282 14-12-2008 07:25 AM

I have to say I think you handled it well and made a good decision. If it were me in that position the guy wouldn't be standing! I know what you are feeling because I have been in that position working for complete ****ing wankers. You are better off without that **** making you any more unwell. Good for you for acknowlegding that you deserve to be treated better!!! I think if you want to be happy in something you have to enjoy doing it. It becomes a dreaded task every day if you dislike what you are doing. Just look for things you enjoy doing and take this time to figure out what it is that you really want to do. Research what you want to do and look at the employment conditions, ie pay, hours, flexibility etc. You could study or something to give yourself an edge over other possible applicants. I'm doing that next year so I can hopefully get into a career that I really want, not just another job to pay the bills. Oh I just want to mention that I turned down a full time job recently (my post is in vets general) because I know I'm not ready for FT work yet and I don't want to work in that particular industry anymore. I was feeling guilty like you are for a while but I had to accept that the decision I made was for the best for me. At the end of the day, you did what you felt was right and you got out before it got a chance to break you.

Sigma 14-12-2008 03:02 PM

if you were shouted at rather than helped then they don't deserve you. You do deserve a job where you're treated with respect, and that you can look forward to going to, and I'm sure you'll find one. Well done for having the strength to get yourself out of a bad situation. Good jobs with supportive bosses do exist - you might need to try a few before you find the one that's right - but when you do it makes a huge difference.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.