RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Abuse and Bullying Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Breaking The Silence (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75149)

Stress Free Anxiety 01-12-2008 12:59 AM

Breaking The Silence
 
Last night I wrote a letter to the man who hurt me.

I vented all of the pain, the anger, the frustration, the confusion into this letter that he will never read. I cried, hard sobs that came from someplace deep inside me. I held the little girl who was so damaged by what happened that she split from reality. I finally began to aknowledge how much she suffered at his hands. About how much pain is in her, and therefore is in me. I always thought that she was the only one that suffered, that if I shoved her and the memories to the back of my mind it meant it never happened. But it was I who suffered. She is as much a part of me as the person who writes this.

I've begun to accept what happened through writing that letter. Accepting it for what it was, even if seeing those words and saying them out loud make me sick to my stomach:

The following content has been hidden - Reason : Trigger: sensative words

I was molested.
I was abused emotionally and sexually.
I was sexually assulted.
I was ... I was digitally raped.
I survived attempted rape.


I told what happened and nothing bad came from it. The Monster swore only bad things would come if I broke my silence. Bad things came from staying silent.

risenfromperdition 01-12-2008 02:14 AM

<3 proud of you beautiful
*snuggles muchly*
loveyou

troubleshooter 01-12-2008 03:05 AM

Congratulations. You get the Bravery Crown for this. :)

crazykat 01-12-2008 03:15 AM

You should be soo proud of yourself, yay for breaking the silence

Stress Free Anxiety 01-12-2008 05:28 AM

thanks for the hugs and kind words...and the bravery crown. =] It means a lot to me.

risenfromperdition 01-12-2008 05:29 AM

<3333

aquatickitten 01-12-2008 07:30 AM

Good for you!!

you're sure braver than I am :)

Popple 01-12-2008 10:41 PM

*cuddles*
Well done sweetie =]
Take care of yourself
xx


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.