RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mental Health Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Seeing things that aren't there? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73898)

sleepyxwillow 21-11-2008 04:55 PM

Seeing things that aren't there?
 
Lately.....I've been seeing things that aren't there...At first I got very creeped out when I thought someone was standing behind me with a knife and i really thought he was there...i even saw him...i don't know how but he WAS there and then i turned around and he wasn't (try explaining that to your friends).

And then a few days later I was on the computer and i saw a bright shadow pass by the computer room out of the corner of my eye and I was slightly creeped out until i saw a huge black shadow down the hall which disappeared as i turned to look at it and that freaked me out A LOT!

Then to make things worse, I caught a glimpse of a little girl standing at my door today.....

Honestly these things kind of freak me out since I don't really know how to make stuff up in my head (meditation is a total no go for me). I don't really know what I should do besides walk around for the rest of my life with my eyes closed.

Does anyone else see shadows or human figures?

If it's normal for people to see these things then THANK YOU! cause I could really use some normality in my life!

any help is greatly appreciated!

Misunderstood. 21-11-2008 07:43 PM

I have seen people that aren't there before yes. But it isn't normal, it's a hallucination and I'm not surprised that they are freaking you out.
I think you should mention them to your doctor.

Heidi Tiger 21-11-2008 07:49 PM

I think most people see shadows that aren't there once or twice. However seeing human figures is much less common, but then again I think I see things that aren't there too when I'm in a heightened state of anxiety, and apparently that isn't anything to worry about, as in if you can work on the anxiety the visions will go.

However to rule out anything worse causing them it would be advisable to mention them to your GP or psychiatrist.

sherlock holmes 21-11-2008 08:08 PM

Seeing things/shadows/movement out of the corner of your eye is quite common, tricks of the light and such.

But seeing actual humans is different. Maybe see a doctor about it?

sleepyxwillow 22-11-2008 04:16 AM

Thanks for your support....
but I was hoping for some other alternative since I'm only young I don't have the money to pay for it and telling my parent......well that wouldn't be good since she's a psychologist and she already thinks I'm a little off in the head :( Besides the last doctor I talked to about a problem told me I was either really stressed or BUOLEMIC.....and oddly enough it's not the first time someones asked me if i were buolemic XD I must have a buolemic aura surrounding me or something. And no I'm not stressed I take everything as it comes and then deal with the results later!

Mad-Mad-World 22-11-2008 04:22 AM

I don't have much advice, but, just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. I'm having many similar experiences.

sleepyxwillow 22-11-2008 05:48 AM

Thank you ^_^
And I just want to let you know that you made me happy with your username :O It reminds me of the song by Tears For Fears...and that song makes me smaile for some reason.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.