RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mental Health Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Self-Inflicted Insanity (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72232)

Nineflyz 10-11-2008 05:34 PM

Self-Inflicted Insanity
 
I wanted to talk, but I didn’t know what to say. I wanted you to listen, but the words wouldn’t come out the right way. I see the blurry lights, but that’s the way they stay. Out of focus, out of mind. Life exists all around me. I’m confused by the facts that I don’t know. Reality slowly changes, the only constant in which we have to grow. Association by repetition lets us know where we are. This is how we get to see that we’ve really come quite far. These thoughts flow in and out, I’m not sure where they come from but they seem to help me state my case to an audience that doesn’t exist. Strange don’t you think how we get this way? Slowly sliding backwards not able to communicate and in a world that doesn’t care does it really matter. Have we lost our humanity to self-inflicted insanity? Can we blame it on a mental disorder, while it starts in our minds is it not only me who is at fault. These thoughts continue and my mind ticks on, but I can no longer cope so the blurry lights stay out of focus and I exist in a world to which I do not belong.

zigzag 11-11-2008 01:15 AM

That is really good, did you write it? Or if it's a song, who sings it?
x



Nineflyz 11-11-2008 04:50 PM

thanks i wrote it while feeling misunderstood and quite down. i have quite a bit of stuff.

Stellata 11-11-2008 05:08 PM

How're you feeling now?

Nineflyz 12-11-2008 09:20 PM

feeling better, but each day has new challenges, seeing my psych tomorrow so can hopefully chat about some of the stuff. was totally obsessing about cutting but managed to make it through without doing it

Sleepless123 13-11-2008 12:11 AM

Hey i found your writing really expressive.Just also wanted to say that i hope it goes well with your psych tomoro and well done for not cutting!Thats great.im sorry that youve been feeling so bad.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.