RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Help pls - CPN what will she ask/do (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68117)

Lilmizrainbow 11-10-2008 09:56 AM

Help pls - CPN what will she ask/do
 
My girlfriend meets her CPN for the first time on Tuesday, can anyone tell me what she might ask her. will it be like a psych assessment digging up all the crappy events that have led to the SI and depression??
See I have to work tuesday and I think I am in a clinic when she has this meeting with the CPN and if she drags everything up there will be no one there for my g/f when she gets home I wont be there to support her. So If she gonna ask loads of scary questions I want to get off work so I can at least pick her up after and give her cuddles.
Has anyone got any suggestions as to what it might b like????? please its driving me nuts i cant stop shaking any time I think about it. It terrifies me that if she does ask about all that stuff she could set off suicidal thoughts again, and if I'm not there I cant talk her through it and if she cut herself or worse it would be my fault **heart thumps, hard to breathe***
please if anyone can shed any light please please

starnight 11-10-2008 11:06 AM

I have a CPN who I see every 6 weeks. The CPN will already have a history from your g/f psych or whoever referred her. If your g/f doesn't want to talk about anything she doesn't have to. The CPN is there for support and to see how she is doing. Mine normally asks me questions about how I'm doing in general and lets me talk, she would also suggest ways of helping myself etc.

I remember worrying th first time but this will be a good resource for your g/f. The CPN will discuss any current issues that are stressing her or worrying her and will talk it through.

Here is a link to a thead here from a while ago:
http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum...ad.php?t=11300

I hope it helps.

xx


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.