RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum and Community Questions (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   events&meets and picture (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=679)

StillVacant 09-04-2007 12:28 AM

events&meets and picture
 
is it also only me that cant see events/meets and picture forums? do they exist?
sorry for all the questions
xxx sv

Puppet Strings 09-04-2007 12:34 AM

Yuss, they do exist.
However, there are little mechanisms in place to stop new members being able to access them to begin with - they'll come to you soon. =]
Rach xx

StillVacant 09-04-2007 12:37 AM

*feels like a technical retard*
*retreats from scary new forum*

Puppet Strings 09-04-2007 11:25 AM

Nahhh, it's alright! =]
Seriously, loads of other people asked exactly the same things when they first came on here - including myself!
Stay! xx

Queen Crabbit 09-04-2007 01:02 PM

Yeah, you gotta make something like 10 posts before you can see it.

And once you've made them it'll take a while to activate.

[I only know this cos I asked James the exact same question!]

StillVacant 09-04-2007 02:44 PM

yay, i see all relevant forums, yay!
*is easily pleased*

thanks guys for the reassurance *feels very old and computer illiterate*
xxx sv

chingas 04-06-2007 08:59 AM

I have about 20 posts and I can't see them.. so I keep spamming around.. If I wont soon see them I'm getting reeeeally confused..

jessye 04-06-2007 11:59 AM

ahhh i see. Well I shall have to post lots!

Victim+Of+Hate 04-06-2007 12:13 PM

hey,
i can see the bnoards ...but it takes a while to update em i think so be patient =]

rainb0w.sparkl3s 04-06-2007 12:45 PM

i cant see them yet =[...must post more.. lol....im lucky its only early in the night lol

EmmaM 04-06-2007 12:47 PM

I have to post some more before I can sort out this meet on the 16th

Nic 04-06-2007 03:25 PM

out of interest why was this done...that not being able to see the forums until you post so many?

also, once v2 is back so we can get our post counts reinstated, will that automatically allow us to view the forums due to the higher post count?

Useless Information 101 04-06-2007 03:41 PM

It was done to make RYL safer. This way random people cant register just to see those forums, meet information and dates, and pictures of members. Its really a creepy concept in my opinion, so I think it was a good idea.
And I think I read something about the forum updating who gets to see the member forums about every 24 hours.

Once v2 is back up and post counts are reinstated, I dont see why you wouldnt be able to see them.

Unfocused 04-06-2007 06:03 PM

well that plain suks when you are an ol dmember - although i can see the reasoning sulks becuas eshe is a lurker still on ryl....sulks more x x

shmesh 06-06-2007 12:05 PM

aww i was organising a meet before this changed and im not a big poster that sucks. Is everyone going to be informed by email of the change? mayb o should ask this separately :S

Dreaming. 07-06-2007 12:29 AM

Why not ask Harley to transfer your Postcount/join date, if you really think it'd be that much of an issue to post ten posts?

shmesh, of course you can ask here :)
As soon as you get to ten posts (you're already 1/5th of the way there!), you'll be able to see the boards & reorganise said meet. xo

Harley 07-06-2007 02:55 PM

There are two types of member on RYL, New Members and Registered Members. A registered member is any member with either less than 10 posts, or less than 30 days registration time. You can check your membership type in the Profile

So as soon as your accounts are sorted, you will be upgraded. For those opting to not have their join dates / post counts moved over - the boards will appear once you reach 10 posts or 30 days. There is a slight lag for the auto systems to update you (it happens every half hour)


Hope that helps


Harley


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.