RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Self-Harm Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   I'm Looking for Advice... (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59120)

'LlyC 07-08-2008 01:01 AM

I'm Looking for Advice...
 
So...I used to cut. And I have tried so so hard to get better. But everytime I relapse, my friends become upset with me. How do I explain to them that I /am/ trying and how hard this is for me to quit? I'm not sure how to explain it...

Please and Thank you.

<3

TheHurtWillNeverHeal 07-08-2008 04:50 AM

I know how you feel. Im going through the same thing. Your not alone. What I did is I went to talk to someone like my counselor or someone else who could help as soon as I did relaspe. When my friends saw how much I cared and I was trying to get help they saw. I dont know if that will work for you though.

Maybe you can explain to them that you are trying hard. But that SI is your only coping mechanism right now. And that as your trying to quit, you will relaspe less as you gain new coping skills. And that in the long run, you wont SI anymore.

Thats really all the advice I have.....PM always open

Wishes You the Best,
Nikki

Stellata 07-08-2008 09:00 AM

Remember that you're working at recovery for yourself, not your friends.

The Stolen One 07-08-2008 11:42 AM

like the person has said above me, its for yourself not your friends, but if you want them to support you etc, then maybe you could explain some of the reasons you started and go onto say that its an addiction, and you're working very hard to beat it, but you still get urges and occasionally slip up, also saying that slipping up is part of recovary may help

PM anytime
Caz x


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.