RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   I went swimming! *UPDATE* (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59051)

Ragdoll 06-08-2008 05:18 PM

I went swimming! *UPDATE*
 
I actually wore a mothercare tankini style thing, so bikini bottoms, which is a HUGE deal for me, and didn't feel too self-conscious. Once I was in the water it was fantastic, for the first time in months my hips didn't hurt ata ll! In fact it caught me unawares when I got back to the changing room and my hip hurt, cos it had been a good hour with no pain! :hop:


I swam a few lengths and just generally enjoyed being in the water. It's been years since I did that, so I'm really pleased with myself, if a little tired lol :hehe:

Just wanted to share my good mood with you all, I hope you're having a good day too :-)

lolly_x 06-08-2008 05:53 PM

well done :)

blondiebear 06-08-2008 06:57 PM

Yay you!

Auburn Shadow 06-08-2008 07:14 PM

Yay well done! Glad it stopped your hips hurting for a bit as well :)

charcoal feathers 06-08-2008 07:28 PM

Good on you =]

skyran 06-08-2008 07:50 PM

that's great! and really brave. so pleased for you! :)
sky xx

Ragdoll 06-08-2008 08:49 PM

I've actually decided to do their aquanatal class on a thursday - pregnant women only, gentle exercise. I think Rusty wants to go swimming with me every week too. He did say that if I wanted to, I could go swimming twice a week by myself and he wouldn't go, but I think he enjoyed it too and it's nice to do stuff together.

englishrose 06-08-2008 09:21 PM

It is enjoy the togetherness well done you for going.

Im going to brave the sea for the first time in years im like you dont even go swimming and i so miss it i brought like surf shorts so i feel a little better, keep it up luv jad

Casper_Fading 06-08-2008 10:55 PM

Swimming is reeeeeeally good for muscle and joint pain becasue it's a no impact sport. *nods* i'm so glad you had fun :D yay!

GoodbyeMyLove 06-08-2008 11:06 PM

Great idea! Glad you enjoyed it and that it stopped your hips from hurting. :-)

Ragdoll 06-08-2008 11:47 PM

Jade - go for it! I used to swim in the north sea with my mum when I was a kid and it was freeeeezing!

Aidee 07-08-2008 12:37 AM

Yay :) It sounds like you had a wonderful time and the antenatal class sounds ace.

Damnation. 07-08-2008 04:46 AM

That's wonderful, well done you :)

crazykat 07-08-2008 04:52 AM

Glad it went well for you =]

Ragdoll 07-08-2008 02:03 PM

Update
 
I just got back from the aquanatal class, and it was fab! I'm definitely going next week :hehe:

The instructor is lovely, she spoke to me for a bit before we started, and she (and the other lady who run it) are both midwives at the hospital I'm booked in to have the baby at! She said apart from the fitness side, they also understand that antenatal info isn't very good, so they're trying to give out information on anything helpful too. She gave me a booklet which explains the policies at the hospital I'll be going to, which has answered a lot of questions for me.

I felt a bit silly doing aerobic-style exercises at first, but there were only 6 of us there and we all had a bit of a laugh so I soon forgot about feeling silly and really enjoyed it.

The best bit was using 'noodle' floats - long tubular foam floats - because it was so relaxing to have the weight taken off my hips and just float in the water - lovely :-D

Queen Crabbit 07-08-2008 02:09 PM

I'm really pleased you enjoyed it :)

Merc 07-08-2008 02:25 PM

what awesome news!!!! So happy for you :o)!!!

romp

blondiebear 07-08-2008 03:20 PM

Sounds wonderful!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.