RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mental Health Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Keyworker (therapist type person) (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55607)

MrsNutkin 12-07-2008 08:27 PM

Keyworker (therapist type person)
 
I have been seeing my keyworker (Counsellor type person about 3 years) we started off seeing each other every week and somehow ended up seeing each other rarely.

On one occasion I felt 'pushed' to leave (the service is part of CAMHS) I gave it a go and ended up crying on and off for about a week.

I developed a few problems with food, actually they were already around they just became more prevalent so then I went back to CAMHS and am now seeing a Clinical Psychologist.

I started seeing her mid May and have had sessions pretty much weekly since, she mentioned last time about making them fortnightly even though she knows my anxiety is horrendous at the moment - we started trying to work on that in our sessions as it was the worst thing for me.

I'm really busy with some course for the next 2 weeks which makes attending appointments tough. I rang my keyworker on Thursday as I was really tense and anxious and have been trying to challenge some of this as I'm going to try and go to Uni in September and want to feel as good as I can for this.

So I rang my keyworker and he stopped what he was doing and talked to me. He was really relaxed and quite helpful but sometimes he really isn't. It's almost as if sometimes I catch him on a bad day. It's like next time we talk he might be trying to push me away and be pretty unhelpful. I'm just trying to make sense of this.

Perhaps I should let him know how I feel?

This shouldn't happen should it?

Thanks Sarah x

Shenanigans 12-07-2008 09:03 PM

I think talking to him about it would be a really good idea hun, but in your own time yeah? Don't push yourself to do it until you feel ready. With your anxiety causing yourself a lot of stress about it won't help.


Wish I could be more help right now sweety, but I love you and my PM box is always open.

Love you lots and lots sweety

The other Sarah

Xxxxxx

slacker 13-07-2008 12:08 AM

any health professional benefits from feedback, spesh when it comes about how they're impacting on folks they're trying to support. its a good 'heads up' which benefits them, you and potentially others

but that aint your job so youre not obliged to do so. only if you have the energy and headspace to do so

MrsNutkin 13-07-2008 01:06 PM

Thanks guys.. I think it's got to the stage now where I need to say something.

Sleepless123 13-07-2008 09:40 PM

i think your brave and that saying something would be a really good idea.Good luck.

sparkle. 13-07-2008 10:22 PM

please say something hun *cuddles* xxx


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.