![]() |
Obsession?
This just sounds really stupid (like actually ridiculous, I would be tempted to laugh if someone else told me they were feeling like this), but it's quite a big problem for me at the moment. I'm obsessed that there is someone (hostile intruder) or something (ghost/dead person) in the house and I'm terrified of looking in the mirror cos I can feel that there's someone behind me and I hate being in the house alone because I'm constantly worried that there's someone/thing there. I have to keep checking there's nothing there, I have to sit in the corner of the room or with my back to a wall and I can't sleep.
I used to be obsessed that I was ill (heart abnormality/cancer) and couldn't sleep because of that, had to keep checking my pulse and stuff constantly, and I've kind of got that a bit more under control now so I was wondering if maybe I'd swapped one obsession for another? Just wondering if anyone can relate or if anyone has any advice? |
Not sure if this is how you feel but I always feel someone is begind me when i look in the mirror and I am scared to crap that they are actualyl staring at me and they are going to pop up .. So i avoid looking in the mirror when i go to the bathroom. I am sometimes scared to take a shower but we now have a clear shower cover thing. So its not so bad. I have OCD, but its nothing to do with this. I think mine is just a fare (sp)..M OCd is got to do with ODing ..But maybe talk to someone. If you think its a conercen you can call some kind of help line and explain them to them. sorry I ant much help ! Best of luck ! I know its hard
Nicolexxxx <3 |
This might seem like a totally off the wall question, but are you angry with anyone at the moment?
|
I'm not particularly angry with anyone I don't think..
And when I was obsessed with being ill I went to the doctor and had ECG and ultrasound scan and they found nothing wrong with me but it didn't make much of a difference, I was still worried =\ |
No, I'm in the process of getting referred to someone. They've put me on a waiting list but I'm not really very hopeful for it. I don't think the doctor really believed that I had an ED so I'm not very high priority and I haven't said anyhting about this cos it's literally like the stupidest thing ever and anyone I told would think I was a freak =\
Like when I told my parents I was ill etc they kept telling me it was in my head, I was being stupid etc and I felt like nobody took me seriously. Could maybe get another appointment with my GP and push for an appointment or something cos I've been constantly anxious for over 2 years and on/off been having panic attacks |
When I was younger, I used to believe/worry that I had serious illnesses. The doctor I saw about them implied to me that it was a concern that I had this belief, and said I could talk any time I needed. But at the time I was too terrified to be open about what was going on in my mind. My anxieties were a sign of really deep insecurities and worries about my place in the world [to put it generally] and needed 'translating'. I can understand that now.
What I'm trying to explain here is that medical and mental health professionals do take such worries and fears completely seriously, definitely in my experience. |
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:00 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.