RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mental Health Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Huntercombe? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53596)

cest.la.vie 27-06-2008 04:42 PM

Huntercombe?
 
Sorry to post, I was just wondering whether anyone has been admitted to the Huntercombe hospital in Maidenhead, and what it was like?
Any help would be hugely appreciated.
xxxx

Tig 27-06-2008 08:03 PM

Although I haven't been, a few of my friends have been and they said although it was strict it was very useful and the staff were great.
I hope if you go you get the help you need. It's certainly a well known, good place to go in the UK,

Lotti x

Psychedelic Doodle Pop 27-06-2008 08:14 PM

I know of several people on here who have been, they regularly visit this forum so I'm sure they can give you experiences soon,.

Steel Maiden 28-06-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellisforheroes (Post 881294)
Sorry to post, I was just wondering whether anyone has been admitted to the Huntercombe hospital in Maidenhead, and what it was like?
Any help would be hugely appreciated.
xxxx


I went to the psych intensive care unit there. It was much nicer than an NHS ward, but there wasn't a courtyard so I wasn't allowed to go outside for my whole stay.

cest.la.vie 29-06-2008 11:57 PM

Thank you for replying. It's reassuring to know that it's not that bad.

Steel Maiden 30-06-2008 11:15 AM

Well it wasn't great...I couldn't even go to the loo by myself and I got overmedicated. I didn't shower for two weeks because they insisted on watching.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.