RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mental Health Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Increased AGAIN (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52336)

little_miss 18-06-2008 03:56 PM

Increased AGAIN
 
Okay, well my olanzapine has been increased to 15mg as of today, and i was on 10mg. So im guessing i will feel very sedated the first few days im on it, but do those things last or will it go down after a while as i get used 2 it? Does having meds increased mean you're getting worse/iller?

suspendeddisconnect 20-06-2008 12:27 AM

It usually just means that you're getting used to it, so you need more for it to work. At least you're only on one med, i'm on four. :( but anyway whatever it takes for you to be healthy is what you need to do.

one_step_closer 20-06-2008 11:16 AM

You say that your meds have been increased again, does that mean that you have been through this before? How did you feel the last time? Did your doctor or therapist explain to you why they felt it best to increase your dose? It's not a huge increase so I don't think the change will be too bad for you. I hope it helps. Take care. xxx

little_miss 21-06-2008 03:25 PM

I meant like that they keep increasing my meds. I havent been on this dose before, this is the highest ive been on. Well my CPN rang my consultant psychiatrist and he said to increase me dose. I could kind of see why i need it increasing, because my symptoms were pretty bad. The highest dose of olanzapine is 20mg. But i am noticing a change in my thoughts, i feel more blank than anything, like i dont know what i think/feel, im just existing. But that could be part of diassociating as well?

one_step_closer 21-06-2008 06:38 PM

Are you able to let someone know about the changes you are noticing?

little_miss 21-06-2008 07:26 PM

Yeah. I see my consultant psychiatrist on Tuesday so i will be able to let him know then.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.