RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   hayfever ugh just whinging (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51703)

Stellata 14-06-2008 05:58 PM

hayfever ugh just whinging
 
I feel cruddy.
Bad hay fever. [yes, I am now on medication for it].
Haven't been sleeping well.
Been at work all day.

Alchemyst 14-06-2008 06:09 PM

I know it sucks!!
I have eyes like gunky leaky golf balls and theay are so gross yet i cant even apply any concealer as they would itch and swell even more! so Im condemned to looking like some alien/human hybrid for the next month...

How wrong am I praying for rain tomorrow!!!???

Stellata 14-06-2008 06:21 PM

I used to have it with my eyes, too. But now it's just my nose. Ha! Just?!!!!

Stellata 14-06-2008 08:28 PM

AAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Margo 14-06-2008 08:37 PM

If you like honey then perhaps try to fins a local producer of honey. Im sure that its good for building up immunity to this. but its gotta be local made from the local pollen. There are many urban bee keepers if you are in the city.

*replaces your old resparitory system with a fever free one*

Matthew x

Stellata 14-06-2008 08:43 PM

Bees in NW2?! Hmmm. I'll have to check the local heath food shop when they're open!

Margo 14-06-2008 09:25 PM

Yeah i know it sounds mad but i was watcihng a program on urban bee keepers and apparently there are alot around. There are people who keep then in rooftop gardens and such. Just single hives. Or bee hutches as i like to call them :P

carrie79 15-06-2008 12:54 AM

I feel your pain i get bad hayfever but take all the medication in the world for it and use that hay max (posh vaseline)... if its available i'll try it! that sounded wrong! lol hope you feel better soon x.

Stellata 15-06-2008 03:55 PM

Thanks.

It's not getting much better. :(

blondiebear 15-06-2008 09:00 PM

I have allergies instead of hay fever, or maybe it is just the US word. I'm to be on sinus medicine for some time because the probs with the sinuses are what has been causing my tooth ache.

You have my sympathy.

Yellow 15-06-2008 09:20 PM

*healing snuggles*
im sorry youre feeling so ill.
i hope it passes soon.
all my love.
xxxxxxxxxx

Casper_Fading 16-06-2008 12:54 AM

Okay i'm so mean I snickered when I saw Hayfever in the title... I don't get it but my brothers do and so do a bunch of other peoples in my extended family... and i'm alwatys the one who makes fun. but I do feel sorry for you!

Blondie, I get the sinus thing too! They thought i needed a root canal until they figured out that it was just a sinus cold. No symptoms or anything but when they pressed my cheek bones I screamed... hmmm

*pets sick peoples*

Stellata 16-06-2008 08:25 AM

It's easing off a bit.
But I've not been outside today yet!

one_step_closer 16-06-2008 09:00 AM

Stay inside forever! It's so annoying. Grrrrr. I hope it's not so bad for you today.

DUNFERMLINEBOY 16-06-2008 09:17 AM

Yeah theres nothing funny at all about severe hayfever! I used to get it really bad as a kid, remmember getting the sympathy of the dr's receptionist cos my eyes were out like footballs and the sneezing (and sometimes coughing as well)

I don't get it as bad these days BUT BELIEVE ME I EMPATHISE WITH YA! At least these days there are some pretty effective medicines out there!
*Hugs* take the meds and u should feel a bit better!

Born Wrong 16-06-2008 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blondiebear (Post 851679)
I have allergies instead of hay fever, or maybe it is just the US word.

yea same thing =)

My sister use to have local unfiltered honey for her hay fever, don't think it had any effect though.

I don't suffer from it thankfully, don't actually think i am allergic to anything, not yet at least

sparklyshoes 16-06-2008 12:00 PM

I don't mean to sound like a whiney little cow but I always seem to get it worse than everyone here :'( I get asthma with it as well, I never have asthma in the year apart from when I get a cold/chest infection. I'm up to the eyeballs in medication, one that has to be taken every 8 hours, one thats once a day, the nasal sprays, eye drops and my inhaler and still I can't get to sleep. It is majorly sucking at the moment. Even having dreams about people taking the piss out of me for having hayfever. Yes I know I'm weird.

Casper_Fading 16-06-2008 11:12 PM

*gives fake flowers (so as not to make it worse) and chocolates to all the sufferers of hayfever* i'm sorry you're not feeling well guys *pets*

blondiebear 17-06-2008 12:43 AM

I have asthma too, just not very bad. I'm now taking a very low dose steroid inhalar for it twice a day. Inhalers are so special, because of the propellants, it tastes like hair spray.

Did someone say chocolate??! :o))

Casper_Fading 18-06-2008 05:23 AM

choooooocolates! *gives susan some* yummy :D


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.