RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Frenzy! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51135)

Ragdoll 10-06-2008 11:20 PM

Frenzy!
 
I'm slowly learning (since I'm pregnant, which somewhat restricts my usual, less productive coping mechanisms) to push my anxiety towards cleaning! I'm a tad obsessive about hygiene anyway (Rusty would probably say more than a tad lol)and I find it helps get some nervous energy out!

Hence this evening, rather than brooding on the situation, I've got busy.

Made Rusty's sandwiches for work tomorrow, emptied the dishwasher, partially filled it up again with crap that had accumulated around the house, washed up the dinner stuff (having made dinner earlier), and cleaned the kitchen. Now I'm about to put away the clothes I washed and hung out to dry this afternoon.

Phew! I'm about ready for bed lol.

I appreciate that was a boring post, I'm just pleased with myself that I'm learning better ways to cope, hopefully some of it will stick after baby's born :thumbup:

PurpleSmurf 10-06-2008 11:36 PM

Thats Awesome hun i hope everything Goes Great for you *squishys*

blondiebear 11-06-2008 12:24 AM

When I'm nervous is when I do the most housework too. I think my husband might like it if I were nervous more often.

ThinkingofRecovery 11-06-2008 12:28 AM

It's not a boring post at all. I used to have these cleaning sprees as a way to distract myself and it is all the more relevant if pregnant - you're nesting and it's dead sweet :thumbup:

irkeninvader 11-06-2008 09:19 AM

Yay. It's great to have a productive coping mechanism :)

Snuffles 11-06-2008 10:33 AM

Yay that's so good! I'm glad your finding other ways to cope! Being pregnant is just fantastic and does such good things to your body, all the best for the rest of the pregnancy xxx


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.