RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   New Look veterans corner (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5075)

Margo 18-06-2007 04:33 PM

New Look veterans corner
 
OK so its still early days but i thought i would start a little poll just to get peoples first responses to the new look Vet corner. Would be nice to get a feel on your initial reactions.

Thanks

Matthew

Queen Crabbit 18-06-2007 05:16 PM

Nice poll.

Love ittttttt.

:)

Sans Peur 18-06-2007 05:18 PM

i find it weird that it has been separated into two forums... dont know if i like it or not

huggybear 18-06-2007 06:12 PM

I honestly thought I would hate it to be split.. but I love that I can come into vets and look through the posts in general and not be triggered at all.. and still have the support forum if i need it...

so yes it gets the thumbs up from me :)

Margo 18-06-2007 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huggybear (Post 81363)
I honestly thought I would hate it to be split.. but I love that I can come into vets and look through the posts in general and not be triggered at all.. and still have the support forum if i need it...

Well thats pretty much EXACTLY why it was tried :) :apu:

huggybear 18-06-2007 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjapenguin (Post 81425)
Well thats pretty much EXACTLY why it was tried :) :apu:


yeah.. and it works :tongue2:

random.swirls 19-06-2007 07:18 AM

I love it as i am actually posting in it rather than being a luscious lurker!

Stellata 19-06-2007 07:20 AM

I really like it this way. :)

Casper_Fading 19-06-2007 07:21 AM

i liiiiiiike it!!!! and i dont think either posts (triggering, non triggering) are suffering... ont he contrary they both seem to be doing better now!!!

Aidee 19-06-2007 10:43 AM

I love it :hehe:


AD

The Hierophant 19-06-2007 11:00 AM

i laaaaaave it.

spoonfulofsugar 19-06-2007 01:26 PM

Am I allowed to vote?:notsure:
I always hung out in the old one and a lot here as well but I mostly lurk(ed) cause it's a bit scary...

Anyway, I like it! :thumbup:

Queen Crabbit 19-06-2007 03:06 PM

Of course you're allowed to vote!

Margo 20-06-2007 05:15 PM

*bump*

Anthonio 21-06-2007 01:22 AM

From purely a MODERATING point of view: I've disliked it from the word go and continue to do so.

HOWEVER....

The onus and priority should be on the using and NOT moderating - the latter should be irrelevent in the face of, and work around, the former.

From a PERSONAL standpoint: I feel that the undefinable quality that I always feared would be lost in any split has been - barring the title, it simply isn't 'Vets' any more. Same group of fantastic people but missing something that can be neither quantified nor described.
Rather like an orange: you can peel it and lay each segment out side by side - it will still be orange... it will smell like one... all of the ingredients will still be there... but it will no longer be an 'orange'.....
It was always a 'mixed bag' from the word go and, in many respects, I saw this as a reflection of life as it becomes less two-dimensional with the advance of age and/or wisdom - both rough and smooth coming together in proportionate measure, and now the segments have been laid out...


This probably isn't the sort of thing that should be said by a mod but I think that having had Vet's as my almost-sole hideaway since I joined over 3 years ago should give me a right to have my say on such a fundamental matter...

Casper_Fading 21-06-2007 01:46 AM

I like how the trigger signs and adult signs have been moved now... looks good.

bleedingdragon 22-06-2007 07:44 PM

love it
 
I love it Matthew
its better with the two seperate forums
i can be on the support one when i need to
and on the general one to for uplifting posts

Margo 26-06-2007 05:35 PM

Le bump (just incase anyone missed it)

Pomegranate 26-06-2007 05:56 PM

I quite like it. I like the fact the place is split into two although the 'hitech' layout makes it seem rather formal at times until I see Orgy threads :P


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.