RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Self-Harm Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   quitting (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48677)

imreglsu43 25-05-2008 06:30 AM

quitting
 
Hey,,, I've been SHing for about 3 years now and I know I need to stop.. My parents don't know.. the only two people who do are my best friend and my girlfriend.. My girlfriend got upset when she found out and is trying to help me stop.. I haven't cut in over a week now and happy for that.. currently I've got a rubber band around my wrist which I pop quite often do y'all have any other tricks for stopping? also I once again need help for hiding the scars since it's summer.. they're on my arm (and it would seem pretty weird to my family if I all of a sudden started swimming with my shirt on)

green.eyes 25-05-2008 06:38 AM

hey
well done for deciding to quit SH, its a big step. hopefully with the support of your friend and girlfriend it'll go well. remember that you can always talk to us on here when you're triggered.


have a look at these cover up tips for summer

quitting slef harm advice.

as well as flicking an elastic band squeezing an ice cube in your hand works fairly well- pain without cutting- you can add red food dye to it if the sight of blood helps you.
good luck
take care

_plastic 25-05-2008 08:03 AM

Congratz for being a week free thats stunning keep fighting dear you can beat SI , having a rubber band is a terrific idea I hope that you found it helpful to beating the urges.

Green.eye's given you very helpful links, you can also check this link, Share your tips for staying SH free

Stay safe, and if you even need to chat my PM me xxx

yeadatonegurl 25-05-2008 08:16 AM

congrats on the week of being si free. personally for me the few tips that have helped are a bunch of distraction: tearin up paper, listenin to music, cleaning, and the one most recent is takin a red pen or lipstick basically red that can be wiped off and use that like you were to cut. For me it uses that energy up and i dont do damage to myself. Dont know if those will help but they have helped me. Good luck on this journey ahead of ya.

Belt 25-05-2008 11:24 AM

To be honest, I always remember my boyfriend's face when he discovers self-inflincted wounds and then I know I shouldn't do it, no matter how much I need it I know it'll never be worth how much hurt he'll feel.

Cazki 25-05-2008 01:10 PM

Hey there well done on being a week free thats excellent. Im really pleased for you. Its good that your wanting to stop. They are lots of distractions that you could try, such as listening to music, watching a movie, doing jobs to keep yourself busy, going for a walk posting on the fun and distractions forum or you could have a look at the big distractions list http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum...ead.php?t=1403 I iwsh you al the best.

Take care best wishes Ian


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.