RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Self-Harm Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   bio oil or cocoa butter? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47433)

Ghostface 16-05-2008 11:29 AM

bio oil or cocoa butter?
 
Im wondering if I should order cocoa butter or bio oil to put on my scars?
(or if you have other product suggestions, please tell me ;)

Ghostface 16-05-2008 11:47 AM

Hm...So cocoa butter dont make them fade at all?

It's the fading im most interested in:P

akita 16-05-2008 11:51 AM

Bio oil is the best thing to use on scars. I've been using it twice a day for 8 weeks and mine are almost gone.

PaperClip 16-05-2008 11:56 AM

Bio Oil - iv been using it for a few years now and it has dramatically reduced my scars and also makes your skin smooth.

But i also used coco butter as well coz i love the smell!


forgot to add that if you contact bio oil - http://www.bio-oil.info/en/contact and ask for a free sample they send you one - i got mine within 2 days! Worth a shot if you want to see what its like before buying!

and this site has a sale on http://www.lifeandlooks.com//product.cfm?product=4790 so you can get the 200ml bottle (normally around £20) for £14.95!

Ghostface 16-05-2008 01:29 PM

Thanks! Ill check it out...

I sent them a msg. Not sure if they're sending me a free sample though( I live in Norway.)

Animad 16-05-2008 01:40 PM

They can both help scarring to fade, a lot of the fading is just down to massagingthe oils/ cream in anyway and their ingredients add to that. Cocoa butter is cheaper by the bottle but as you only use a tiny bit of bio oil each time they may end up the same price. personally, i prefer bio oil purely because i really don't like the smell and things of cocoa butter. Which one helps your scars the most tends to be down to your own body/type of skin and things

Ghostface 16-05-2008 02:07 PM

I just ordered bio oil from the page you gave me, and suddenly realized they got cocoa butter too...If I only noticed it before i ordered, I could've got them both:P But ive already ordered so, too late(unless i wanna spend 9 pounds on Delivery:P)

PaperClip 16-05-2008 02:37 PM

if you relel rele rele wanted it you could justify it by saying that you saved ££ some so its ok!

Rubylou84 16-05-2008 08:07 PM

I love bio oil its great for scars and stretch marks and i even use it on my face! I used to get really dry skin if i put bio oil on my face at night in the morning its all absorbed and i dont look like a lizard shedding its skin any more. Also people always say my skin looks great when ive used it! I <3 Bio oil! I should work for them lol

Ghostface 16-05-2008 08:36 PM

Ye, hehe:P

Well, ive ordered it, lookin forward to get it. Just hoping that it wont take several weeks like the dermablend obviously does(ive been waiting for 18 days now:/)

Steel Magnolia 16-05-2008 10:16 PM

Bio oils great! And it dries in very fast so its not sticky!

Ghostface 16-05-2008 10:31 PM

Really looking forward to get it now :D

Ami 17-05-2008 06:34 PM

dont think bio-oil is working for me! But ive only used it for a few weeks :/
x

Behind the Smile 17-05-2008 09:35 PM

both work for me
bio oil is probably the best option though

pixie*lyssie 17-05-2008 10:17 PM

I can't afford bio oil so I just stick with palmers cocoa butter... it's also down to massaging the scar tissue and breaking it down. I find it nice and easy to massage the palmers into my scars. As I also have 2 big operative scars I find it really helps make them softer/less hard andfade away bit by bit... it's really good.

Only Distraction 17-05-2008 10:22 PM

Bio oil is the more expensive option but works better.
Cocoa butter is okay for non-deep scars.
I use both, they both help and work.

BarrelO'Crazy 17-05-2008 10:53 PM

I would say bio oil, you pay more, you get more
simple as

wolfie 17-05-2008 10:53 PM

Vitamin E cream can help but I don't think its as good as bio oil, it smells really nice though.

Minty 18-05-2008 11:36 AM

It was hard to decide as I use a bit of both. On the older scars I tend to use both more as Cocoa butter is good at making the skin softer and I find that if it is less tight its easier for the bio oil to work. Cocoa butter may work on its own on fresh scars but doesnt fade them alot. smells lovely though and is cheap :thumbup:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.